Slimline and LNB/Rg6 cable/HR20?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I just got my HR20 delivered. I currently have the slimline dish installed with one RG6 cable running to a H20.

I will only be running one receiver HR20 and deactivating the H20 but where does the second RG6 cable go? Up the arm and attatches at the LNB?

My previous satellite service was hooked up via a multi-switch which was near the dish itself?

I am bit confused and hope someone clear this up? Maybe I am missing a part to connect the second tuner?

Thanks in advance.

P.S Do you need land line to get DVR service? I am thinking NO?

Last edited:
I just got my HR20 delivered. I currently have the slimline dish installed with one RG6 cable running to a H20.

I will only be running one receiver HR20 and deactivating the H20 but where does the second RG6 cable go? Up the arm and attatches at the LNB?

My previous satellite service was hooked up via a multi-switch which was near the dish itself?

I am bit confused and hope someone clear this up? Maybe I am missing a part to connect the second tuner?

Thanks in advance.

P.S Do you need land line to get DVR service? I am thinking NO?

There is a built in multiswitch inside the arm where you can connect up to four cables. You will need to run a total of two cables to the HR20 in order to use both tuners.

There is a built in multiswitch inside the arm where you can connect up to four cables. You will need to run a total of two cables to the HR20 in order to use both tuners.

Hmm okay so i guess its right at the top of the arm? Right next to the LNBs?

Thanks

I was hoping I wouldn't have to unscrew the arm and maybe move the dish in a not so good way and lose signal. :)

As long as you are at the dish, run all four lines for future expansion. You'll be happy you did. Also, you should only have to unscrew the LNB assembly in order to connect more cables.

Ya no kidding. I guess I should have had the installer do this. I guess I thought A) I wouldn't be getting more receivers and B) use to the multi switch hanging out below the dish as my old sat service had which made things real simple.

Thanks.

the multiswitch is inside the arm, built in to the LNB. as long as the dish was put in properly, you shouldnt have any problems unscrewing the LNB, connecting the new line, and putting the LNB back on. there should be two screws at the end of the arm, those are all you need to remove, LNB slides right off from there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)