Slimline Dish w/3lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fb19651

Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
TN
I have a Slimline dish that has 3 feed horns on it so I assume its a 3 lnb.Is the only was to connect this to a DVR to record two programs at the same time going to be to run two coax from the dish? To convert this to a SWM I will need to change the LNB to a SWM LNB that has only one feed horn,is this correct?If I were to run two coax from the dish will I need a BBC for each coax or not at all?Thanks for any info.:confused:

I have a Slimline dish that has 3 feed horns on it so I assume its a 3 lnb.Is the only was to connect this to a DVR to record two programs at the same time going to be to run two coax from the dish? To convert this to a SWM I will need to change the LNB to a SWM LNB that has only one feed horn,is this correct?If I were to run two coax from the dish will I need a BBC for each coax or not at all?Thanks for any info.:confused:

If it is a slimline and has three feed horns it is a 5-lnb dish. The 3-lnb slimline only has a single feed horn.
You will need two cables to each DVR, and each cable will need a BBC (unless it is an HR23 which does not need BBCs).
To convert to SWM you will need to replace the LNB with either an SWM3 LNB or an SWM5 LNB. Then you will only use a single cable and you will not need BBCs.

texasbrit, as usual, is exactly right.

I'd suggest posting your zip code or locals DMA, so we can help you figure out if the SWM3 or 5 meet your needs.

37322 is Chattanooga, that used to be a 72.5 SD locals area but now all the locals come from 99 so a Slimline 3SWM LNB will work for you, assuming you don't need the ethnic channels from 119. A Slimline 5SWM LNB will also work fine but (other than the ethnic packages) you don't need 110/119 which the Slimline 5SWM will give you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts