Slimline help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I got ahold of a new 5 lnb slimline for $10!!1. What mulitswitch do I need or is it built in like a dish 1000.2?2. there is a 3 foot coax jumper, what is that for?3. How do I point it? Just hook my receiver to 101 on the lnb and then get a good lock on it?4. Do I need a b-band converter for a hd-dvr?thanks

it looks like there is two dirrent types of slimeline one has a built in switch and one doesnt I looked at a picture of it and see 4 outputs on the lnb what is the 3 foot jumper wire for?

My tech removed the jumpers and ran new cables to the m-switch. I think they come that way if it is preassembled in the dish.

So if Im not mistaken. The new slinmline has a bulit in switch and has all the sats on one wire. The older type has each sat on each wire. So i can use a older receiver and point it to 101?

So if Im not mistaken. The new slinmline has a bulit in switch and has all the sats on one wire. The older type has each sat on each wire. So i can use a older receiver and point it to 101?
Clarification. The SWMLine dish has one output and isn't compatible with legacy equipment. The AT9 and AU9 5LNB dishes have a built in multiswitch with four outputs. Each output can carry any sat signal. These dishes can be made SWM capable with the addition of the SWM8 module connected to the four outputs. The SWM8 module has a couple of legacy outputs.

so how do I hook it up. I wond be getting a hd-dvr for a while. i have a old hughes hird-d0 receiver. it isnt a multi-satellite

after paying this guy he emailed me "sorry were out of stock" in 30 minutes the dish was relisted. So he didnt want to sell it that cheap I guess. I told him unless he wants bad feedback he better ship it. His email is coolsat4000@yahoo.com this sounds fishy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts