Slimline install possible to side of house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

convem24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I am moving into a house and the land lord has told me he would allow an install of a Directv HD system. My question to the wider satellite guys community is a install to the side of a house via a slimline dish, is it possible? There is a corner of the house that has perfectly clear southern line of site (no trees, buildings, etc). The corner of the house has a wide enough section to support the install arm of the slimline. The anchor dipoles can also be secured to that section of the house. I have been doing a fair amount of reading up on acceptable placed for a slimline to be installed by HSPs. My local HSP is Ironwood Communications. I know the roof is a preferred place to install the dish but the house is 2 story which is makes it hard for a roof install. I know a pole install will work but I don't know if my land lord will allow it or not (pouring a concrete slab, etc, etc). If anyone has any recommendations I would appreciate it!

Sure you can mount it to a wall. I actually prefer to mount the dish where you can easily touch it. Especially in snow areas, it's nice to be able to clear snow and ice from the dish.

The real question I have is "where will teh installer install the dish? I have heard most installers will only install to a roof and not to the side of a house. I am going to try to use an installer that installed my system 2 year ago (if he is installing for Directv still). I just want this move to go smoothly.

D* installer installed mine to the side of the house. It's been my experience that the installer will want to do it as easily possible. Assuming a good line of site, it's easiest to mount from the ground than going up on a roof. I'm sure the installer will put the slimline wherever you want it as long as the line of sight is OK.

That depends upon the type of siding on the house. Ironwood will not allow it's installers to mount to aluminum, vinyl, or shake siding/roofs. The reason for this is potential future damage claims.

That depends upon the type of siding on the house. Ironwood will not allow it's installers to mount to aluminum, vinyl, or shake siding/roofs. The reason for this is potential future damage claims.

Tell the guy that YOU will install it on the side of YOUR house and have him just do the pointing :D

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts