Slimline install possible to side of house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

convem24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I have a little dilemma. I am moving my Directv system in about 3 weeks time and the house I am moving into has siding. I know this has been an issue where Directv installers will not install to certain types of siding. I do however have a corner of the house that is wide enough for the slimline stndard mast and it is deep enough to support the lag bolts. There should be proper line of sight (no trees houses etc, as far as the eye can see). My house is two story so I know installing it tot he roof will be difficult. If anyone has any recommendations I would gladly like hear them. Thanks in advance.:D

Depending upon the HSP doing the install, the types of siding they will not install to are vinyl and aluminum. They do have an S-tube mount that works well on the corner of the house and doesn't require the brace poles.

I know the siding is not alumnium but it might be vinyl. I saw the s-tube in the slimline install documents. Does the s-tube cost extra and will they use it for an install? By the way the local HSP I found out is Ironwood Communications.

I have had vinyl siding and dishes on the side of my house for years and it has never been an issue with installs with either D* or E*. Current dish is a Slimline.

I have a little dilemma. I am moving my Directv system in about 3 weeks time and the house I am moving into has siding. I know this has been an issue where Directv installers will not install to certain types of siding. I do however have a corner of the house that is wide enough for the slimline stndard mast and it is deep enough to support the lag bolts. There should be proper line of sight (no trees houses etc, as far as the eye can see). My house is two story so I know installing it tot he roof will be difficult. If anyone has any recommendations I would gladly like hear them. Thanks in advance.:D

I have had vinyl siding and dishes on the side of my house for years and it has never been an issue with installs with either D* or E*. Current dish is a Slimline.

I would go ahead and tell them you would like it there, provided the LOS is not an issue and see what they say.
If you have to , tell them that you will sign off on the install, or better yet, do it yourself if you can.
I've done on siding (last resort) roofs and poles.
The problem with siding is that the siding is designed to move, due to heat and cold.
You could actually make it so the siding would not be an issue if you knew EXACTLY where the bolts would be place, if you made the holes in the siding maybe a 1/4 " larger than the bolts, it would still be able to slide, as I said, this is possible, but still a last resort.
I also would not want them placing it on the roof of a 2 story home.
I prefer to be able to get to my dish so I can brush the snow and ice off it when needed.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)