Slimline Pole install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
In my case the "foot" will be in the mortar of the brick. the braces will be into the facia. Thoughts?:cool:

That would be fine, if the brick and mortar is colid and not deteriorated.

We have used the adapter with the braces and the old pole on the side of the wall. You have to make sure that the Tamcons or other fasteners are securely anchored into the brick and NOT into the mortar.

Strategic placement of the braces is very very important. The structure must form the shape of a "tetrahedron" or tripod with it's legs secured at the base. This is like an "engineered" truss system, that would be incredibly strong.

You don't necessarily have to go with a pole, I went with a wood post, 3 ft into the ground, 7 ft above ground. Works like a champ, and imo, looks better than a metal pole. You can get all sorts of lengths at Lowes.

You don't necessarily have to go with a pole, I went with a wood post, 3 ft into the ground, 7 ft above ground. Works like a champ, and imo, looks better than a metal pole. You can get all sorts of lengths at Lowes.

Yes , you can use a wood post, 4x4 or whatever.
Only problem with a wood post is it is suseptable to weather, warpage and such.

Jimbo

Well.... I ended up mounting the Slimline back on my Garage roof today. The cheapest price I found for 1 7/8" pipe is at Menards for $41. With Two bags of concrete and some straps to brace the top of the pole to the garage roof, (under the shingles), I was looking at just over $50. I already had the roof mount bracket and half a bucket of tar from my roofing project, so I just went with roof mount. I was able to move it further toward the back of the garage with the slack I had in the RG6 cables, so its not right on the front corner of the garage where it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I guess it's too late now but 1 1/2" RIGID electrical conduit has a 1.9" OD. A simple sleeve made from .035" flashing brings that out to almost a perfect 2". Works great.

I guess it's too late now but 1 1/2" RIGID electrical conduit has a 1.9" OD. A simple sleeve made from .035" flashing brings that out to almost a perfect 2". Works great.

Good info to know. Like I said earlier, for the cost of the pipe, the concrete, straps, and I would have had to get some more RG6 to make the extra 15' difference between the old location and the new one... I would have had over $100 into it. Its just not worth it to me at that point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.