Slimline Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kjsmith1993

Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
North Liberty
I am currently unable to receive over 80% on the 101.0W satellite with my Slimline 5 LNB dish. There are no obstructions and the mount is solid. I am constantly losing HD channels from the slightest cloud. Any suggestions?

I am currently unable to receive over 80% on the 101.0W satellite with my Slimline 5 LNB dish. There are no obstructions and the mount is solid. I am constantly losing HD channels from the slightest cloud. Any suggestions?

It sure sounds like your dish is out of alignment. Can you post the signal strengths on all of the satellites?

I get 80% on 101.0W with my birdog, from what I can remember the receiver shows that all satellites are in the high 80's and low 90's.

Last edited:
It would help to see the actual numbers, especially on the 99 and 103 satellites.

Those numbers are too low for consistent reception. You really want them to be in the lower 90's for the most part. A few upper 80's is okay. Time for a dish alignment me thinks!

Glad to help, and please call me Chip. Raoul5788 is just my screen name.

I tried realigning it with my birddog and I was unable to get a better signal. I'm thinking the reflector plate is slightly bent.

Just wondering what this mean 99(s) 99(c) 103(s) 103(ca) 103(cb) ?

I know there sats location but don't know what the rest mean

The s means spotbeams, or local channels. The c, ca, and cb are CONUS beams, or national channels. 99 and 103 are the locations of the satellites.

The s means spotbeams, or local channels. The c, ca, and cb are CONUS beams, or national channels. 99 and 103 are the locations of the satellites.
Thx for that info

1 more Question
is there a Spot beam Map for Directv ? (like what Transponder are assigned to what Spotbeam)

Check the satmaps link on the top of the forums page. Not all are there, but there are many.

I got a new B-band converter and it fixed it for a few days, now the standard def channels aren't working. I think it's time to call directv

Cool

Does the Red line mean that how far the Beam Goes in Sat Map ?

The different lines mark signal strength. Like I said, the pink line is supposedly where you can expect stable reception.

I just installed a slimline 5,and did it by reading this forum, and am having a little problem with my reception. the signal meter says: satellite 101- 99% satellite 110- 91% satellite 119- 99% satellite 99(c)- not acquired satellite 99(s)- not acquired satellite 103(s)= not acquired satellite 103(ca)-82% satellite 103(cb)-not acquired. But on satellite99(s) it has transponders 2-6 76, 79, 49, 42, 86.....and satellite 105(s) it has trans 2 95. Don't know what to do next, any help would be appreciated. If not enough info let me know. New this forum.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

I'm guessing you don't have a swm type lnb, you don't have an H/HR23 receiver/dvr, and you also don't have the bbc's installed.

Then I'm 99.9% sure that installing the bbcs will fix your problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)