Sling Adapter Problem

DocPit

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Midwest
I'm connecting to Dish online with a722k and a Sling Adapter from a Dell 1645. Lots of computing powerand fast internet (25/5). When I had Dish Remote Access, everythingworked well. Now, with only Dish Online, I have a variety ofproblems, including this one. When I try to connect, eitherimmediately or in a few minutes, I get this message:

Your computer was able to connect toyour device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36) (2).

Try connecting again.

I can watch from another laptop on thesame Windows 7 Homegroup, so the problem has something to do with thelaptop. I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and knows thefix. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Dish OnLine strikes again - or strikes out gain.

Seriously, run a quality anti-malware program on that computer, the IE may have been corrupted by spyware.

Have you done a reset of IE defaults?

Loaded the latest flash and Java?

I have searched quite a bit this weekend, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this one, so here goes. I now have the dreaded:

"Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36)

Please try connecting again."

My 722k is connected via ethernet cable. The DISH Remote Access seems to work fine with my Android phone on either wifi or 3G. On some computers in the home I get the above message, but it works on others.

So far, I have tried:

1) Resetting the receiver.

2) Resetting the broadband connection.

I am using Comodo and even when I have disabled it I still cannot connect. I have tried this with both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. I am connected via DSL and a speed check shows:
Download Speed: 8665 kbps (1083.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 735 kbps (91.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Can anybody suggest what my next step should be?

Thank you for the replies. I do have a DSL filter. I tried the other URL, but I get the same result. Then I wondered if my CPU is too slow to handle this, but I checked and I have an Intel Pentium 4 2 gHz processor. However, I only have 1 GB of RAM and it looks like it might be enough for SD streaming, but not HD streaming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts