Sling Adapters/Hoppers not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmspen

Original poster
Feb 19, 2013
SF Bay Area
Hi all,
I've been a long time DBSTalk forum member and decided to memberize myself here to get more contacts and info and help.

Here's my issue(s)

A while ago my Sling adapter on my Hopper stopped working. No red led or anything.
Worked with a DIRT member to replace the Sling adapter.
Adapter arrived, replaced it and plugged it in. It seemed to power up and be OK. It worked overnight and then nothing. No led, no connectivity.
After some troubleshooting, we replaced the Hopper as it seemed to no longer recognize any USB connectivity. It eventually wouldn't write to my EHD either. The Sling firmware version continued to read 0.0.0
Replaced the Hopper and plugged in the Sling adapter. Nothing.
After reboots, all USB ports, etc, still nothing.
DIRT thought it might be my router. Opened necessary ports, even included the Hopper in my DMZ (only item). Still no joy.
Different DIRT (via DBSTalk) said my Hopper doesn't appear to be connected to broadband although the connectivity shows OK and all IP services work (apps, IPVOD, etc)
Connected the router directly to the Hopper (had been hard wired through a switch). No difference.

Hopper is on S234
Router is a Cisco EA-4500
ISP is Comcast (35Mbps)

Not sure what to do from here. Any ideas?

The issue was the Sling Adapter and now the receiver, in my opinion. If you have access to the apps and all other IP functions then the connection is fine. I would replace the receiver. It sounds like it may be part of the problem. I think that normally when a sling adapter stops working like that, randomly, the issue has to do with the usb cable and it not making a solid connection or may be damaged internally.

The Sling firmware version continued to read 0.0.0

If that's what your new Hopper says too, while the new Hopper's USB ports are othewise fine, then I'd say you got another bum Sling Adapter. Lots of those seem to be going around.

Thanks for the inputs. I'm going to ask for another adapter and go from there.

If I'm bored and have time I just might throw in an old router to see if there's any difference. The lack of a powered LED on the adapter makes me think the router has nothing to do with these issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)