Sling Box M1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icehckylvr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 6, 2004
Elk Grove, CA
I just received an email from Sling to upgrade my Slingbox Solo to another unit. I tried hooking up the Solo to my Directv Genie Client some time ago, but was having problems with the internet connection, thought something might be wrong with the Ethernet Connection on the Slingbox Solo. I am thinking about getting the MI, which has wireless capability, but I want to make sure that this will work, as my Internet and Spare TV with Genie Client is in a room that is seldom used. I have already purchased in the past the special cable that is required. Can anyone give me some advice?

Should work fine, I have an M1 but mine is run off my HR44 instead of a client box.

The client box works though, I've previously used a sling box on a C31. You have the special cable to output component video from the client, should be ok.

The M1 has wireless so no ethernet needed, and built-in IR blaster that I have been very impressed with in my setup, no issues.

As long as they still work,I'm staying with my 2 Slingbox Pro HD's because they have digital coaxial input/outputs. Why Sling eliminated that feature I'll never know.

I wrote a mini review in our forum dedicated to streaming, but the M1 has worked much better for me than my previous Solo, and my Pro HD before that. I have limited upload bandwidth that caps at 768k, which makes even SD quality challenging. The M1 seems to provide a better picture and have less artifacts or other issues than any previous sling box I've used. I'm guessing they improved the encoders in the new series.

If you have any bandwidth limitations I would consider the M1 to be a nice upgrade.

I've had the M1 for about 2 weeks.
Just switched to Charter from AT&T DSL. Great picture and no issues viewing from my HR24.
Only negative is no viewing remotely using the Sling website. You need the app. No biggie as I already had the iPad and iPhone app but needed to buy the android app for work.
The HD picture and the quick setup are the great pluses IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)