Sling capable devices.

tkeith

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Mn
Does anyone have a list of devices that are capable of streaming from the hopper with sling? I know android devices with access to the play store can use the dish app, but what about a roku or other device that has "normal" sling capability?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Dish supports the iPhone and iPad... What really irks me is the lack of support for the Logitech GoogleTV, which these days has Android 3.1. Dish sold this boat anchor to us, along with $4 integration to their VIP line of DVRs receivers. Big whoop.

Does anyone have a list of devices that are capable of streaming from the hopper with sling? I know android devices with access to the play store can use the dish app, but what about a roku or other device that has "normal" sling capability?

Thanks

You can use a PC and Dishanywhere.com, Android phones/tablets (not all supported..ie kindle etc) iOS devices. A Roku won't work with the HWS.

You can use a PC and Dishanywhere.com, Android phones/tablets (not all supported..ie kindle etc) iOS devices. A Roku won't work with the HWS.

A PC meaning a windows 7 pc with a plug in? Or any computer? I was looking for something more like a set top box.

Dish supports the iPhone and iPad... What really irks me is the lack of support for the Logitech GoogleTV, which these days has Android 3.1. Dish sold this boat anchor to us, along with $4 integration to their VIP line of DVRs receivers. Big whoop.

Yeah I've heard a lot of bad things about the revue. It had so much potential, but logitech really screwed it up and abandoned it. I worry a lot about the newer Google TV boxes as well. I think dish will now avoid supporting any potential cord cutting device now. (roku, ect)

Just tried using the dish anywhere website and my fears were confirmed. Not working on Ubuntu or chromeos. It looks like they won't even support windows xp. Wow dish, I like the hopper, but I'm finding more and more features that are half baked or don't work for me.

Maybe I should have just dropped dish, hulu and amazon work on my computers.

Most people don't use Ubuntu and I'm sure having to accommodate a tiny portion users with support for a whole different operating system would be a big undertaking I'm sure. I doubt the benefits would outweigh the level of effort required to do so, and even XP is a relatively ancient OS.

Most people don't use Ubuntu and I'm sure having to accommodate a tiny portion users with support for a whole different operating system would be a big undertaking I'm sure. I doubt the benefits would outweigh the level of effort required to do so, and even XP is a relatively ancient OS.

I disagree, writing the app to blue Web standards and not be os dependant would mean less work troubleshooting and more users, since if you combine all "unsupported" os' they probably surpass some of the supported ones. XP may be ancient, but there are a still a lot of them out there, chrome books are among the top sellers on amazon right now. Supporting chromeos likely means supporting Linux too. Hulu and amazon support it, why not sling?

Regardless, it's yet another thing that doesn't work. I hope prospective buyers see this, since it isn't advertised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)