Sling Link

davemich said:
Is there somewhere that spells out the steps to activate a sling link and register it with E*? Thanks in advance.

There is no activating a sling link. You plug it into your wall and make sure your rcvr is plugged into a wall outlet and you are good to go. Let me know if it is the adapter and I can help with that too. There is no activation for any of this. The web activation on the broadband setup is not used anymore.

Sent from my EVO using SatelliteGuys

Any one else on a iPhone 3GS have problems watching tv? Works fine a home on my network but when away either on 3G or wifi it freezes and starts a few times. I'll haven't tried my laptop off of my home network yet. Any advice on this?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

andrewj0781 said:
Any one else on a iPhone 3GS have problems watching tv? Works fine a home on my network but when away either on 3G or wifi it freezes and starts a few times. I'll haven't tried my laptop off of my home network yet. Any advice on this?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It could be the speed of the upload of your home network. When on your home network upload and dl speed don't mean as much. All the internet is used for is the authentication of the devices.

my sling works well on a good network but with my iphone and 3 g it is not worth watching. at home and with my tw internet it works pretty well. i am not sure what it is going to act like when i am out of town and want to see sometlhing like the local news from back home. i have a hundred bucks in the system and i am glad there is no monthly charge for it.

It works on the home network I get that. It has got go do with either the upload of your service or the speed of the 3g where you are trying it.

i.e., the speed of your network within your house is much greater than th elink from your house to the internet, therefore your use of 3G or even 4G outside the house will look like crap because it is probably limited to 300-350 kilobits even if you have a 0.500 megabit upload (according to your ISP.

To get HD over 3G/4G your upload speed needs to be more like 2-3 megabits.

My ISP provides 1.5 mb download (incoming) but my upload is 0.500 mb and my Sling AV reports upload speeds around the 0.350 mb (350 kb) range, rarely it may hit 400 kb.

Inside my house on the wireless G network the sling stream can run 3-4,000 kbps which gives me a very good picture full screen on my laptop, wired connection is nearly twice that fast internally.

You'll find that upload speeds fast enough to carry HD even to an iPhone are not cheap, by any means.

The weakest link in the chain is your network upload speed, normal internet traffic uses very little upload data, most of it is download.

Sling is the exception.

All the hype about using sling to view TV ANYWHERE is heavily dependent on your upload connection speed and the quality of the node your iPhone is connecting through.

We have areas outside town where 3G drops to 2G then 1.5G - even data on a smart phone fails at 1.5G.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts