Sling media now supports HD!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am thinking of buying and hooking one up to my 721. The Slingbox website doesn't list the 721 as a compatible device. Has anyone out there successfully hooked one up to a 721?

It works with a 721. :)

The new Slingbox is not going to be officially announced until tommorow. Cant wait to see the full specs. (I know I WANT ONE!)

Scott Greczkowski said:
It works with a 721. :)

The new Slingbox is not going to be officially announced until tommorow. Cant wait to see the full specs. (I know I WANT ONE!)
That's what makes SatelliteGuys such a great site--not only an answer, but in under 2 minutes to boot! Thanks...

HD over a DSL uplink? That's not going to look very good... plus if you have to give up your component or hdmi output to the slingbox that's not good either! I'm interested to see what they will offer, I was about to buy one but i'll wait now

So does this mean we'll be able to archive HD without help from Dish?

Now too bad my cell phone is not HD. :D

We use the Slingboxes a lot now especially when we go out to eat, if the 3 year old gets loud out comes the phone and on go the cartoons. :)

Works everytime!

Now I get it.

Say you're out with the wife when you run into some mates who want to go shoot pool. When the wife gets a little whiny... out comes the phone and on goes the chic-flicks :)

Works every time!

Except those times when you end up in the hospital to have the phone removed:)

Talon Dancer

Interesting for in home distrubution options but how many people have 9-12mb/sec upstream connections for off site viewing?

jgarrison said:
Interesting for in home distrubution options but how many people have 9-12mb/sec upstream connections for off site viewing?

J:

Someone asked about HD, all I was doing is pointing out what bit rates are acheivable with off-line encoding and modern codecs :D

Cheers,

Scott:

They can capture from component to Hard Drive, or just play back content? THis isn't clear from the cnet article.

I know, I know, embargoed content -- but Cnet let the cat out of the bag.

From the sounds of it it takes your HD and downcoverts it to 480i The review said the picture didnt look better then SD TV.

I want one just for the 4 component switching. :) But damn it they left out the remote learning feature again which I really want since I play with receivers which are not common.

Love my Slingbox, but other than the HD (Pro) unit, I don't quite get what Sling is offering that is new or "2nd gen" here. As far as the Sling Tuner or Sling A/V models go, they have basically taken last years 1st gen model, stripped either the tuner or the a/v inputs out (depending on which unit you buy) and they're charging you an extra $30 (based on the current going rate of last years model)for your trouble. Why would I want to "upgrade" to either of these models? Even the Pro unit is of limited "upgrade" value due to it's internet viewing bandwidth limitations. What they really need to incorporate in this generation was a wireless ethernet connection - that would get people to buy.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From the sounds of it it takes your HD and downcoverts it to 480i The review said the picture didnt look better then SD TV.

I want one just for the 4 component switching. :) But damn it they left out the remote learning feature again which I really want since I play with receivers which are not common.

Dang, I was thinking of ALL the possibilities until I read your post -- if it downconverts it to 480i, what is the point? I had all sorts of visions of being able to capture the video, without having to spend all that dough on an 5400hd. :(

Then I don't see anything "pro" about it.

I would love to be able to play from the 622 to the slingbox via the Lan with HD content.

Too bad. THis could have been really cool, instead it comes up short.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)