Sling Says Viewership Rose 350% During NCCA Upset

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish Network’s over-the-top service Sling TV released viewership metrics from the ongoing NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament (also known as March Madness), adding that viewership during one of the opening round’s biggest upsets – the University of Arkansas- Little Rock’s double overtime win over Purdue – rose 350% from the opening tip off to the final minutes of the contest.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/sp...443?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Reactions: whitewolf8214
boy if that isnt misleading....

Note it says that ONE game...if nobody was watching the beginning 350% can be easily obtained when dealing with a double OT game.....and how many folks were waiting for the next game to start (the Purdue game did run over the time slot so the next game started on TruTV)

I was one of them that watched the game (on regular cable) but I didn't tune in until near the end of the game (maybe the last 2 or 3 minutes of regulation)
so if someone watched the whole game, there was a 100% increase from opening tip to the end

Out of only 600,000 customers on top of that.
Big deal.
I've tried my free trial of Sling, and people can say what they want about PS4 Vue, but at home where it actually matters Sling sucks.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)