Sling TV Adds AMC, IFC and new Movie Based Pack with Epix.

In addition to AMC and IFC to the base package, there is now the Hollywood package that includes epix 1/2/3 and drive in and the Sundance channel.

Like the other additions, the add on package is $5

The base package price remains the same.

AMC and IFC:

- “Best of Live TV” core package still priced at just $20 per month

- Customers now have access to shows like IFC’s Portlandia and AMC’s The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul and soon, Mad Men, premiering April 5

- Information about other AMC Networks channels will be announced soon

“Hollywood Extra” add-on pack:

- Now available to Sing TV customers for an additional $5 per month

- Includes access to live and Video-On-Demand content on EPIX, EPIX2, EPIX3, EPIX Drive-In, and Sundance TV

- Replay feature allows customers to watch content that has aired up to seven days prior without a DVR

- To subscribe:

o New customers can add the pack when they sign up

o Existing customers can modify their subscription through Sling.com

+++

Sling TV Launches AMC into Core Package; Anchors New Movie Add-on Pack with EPIX

· Hit shows from AMC and IFC like The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul and Portlandia are now part of the “Best of Live TV” core package, priced at $20 per month

· New $5 per month “Hollywood Extra” pack includes content from EPIX, EPIX2, EPIX3, EPIX Drive-In and Sundance TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sling TV today launched AMC and IFC into its “Best of Live TV” $20 core package. The live over-the-top TV service also unveiled a movie-based add-on pack called “Hollywood Extra” for an additional $5 per month. The add-on pack anchored by EPIX, will include content from EPIX, EPIX2, EPIX3, EPIX Drive-In and SundanceTV.

“Since day one, we promised to develop a pay-TV service that a new generation wants,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “Our customers are asking for access to additional popular shows and movies, which is why we are offering AMC, IFC and the ‘Hollywood Extra’ add-on pack. We are committed to meeting the needs of our consumers and will continue enhancing the Sling TV experience with even more programming options at an affordable price.”

With this launch, Sling TV customers have access to first-run AMC hits like The Walking Dead, Better Call Sauland soon, Mad Men,premiering April 5. IFC’s hit series, Portlandia,is also available to Sling TV customers. As previously announced, Sling TV’s agreement with AMC Networks also includes programming rights for BBC America, BBC World News and WE tv. Details on the upcoming availability of these three channels will be shared in the coming weeks.

The “Hollywood Extra” pack will include a replay feature that gives customers the ability to watch up to seven days of previously-aired content; no DVR required. New customers can add the “Hollywood Extra” pack during the sign-up process. Current Sling TV customers can add the pack by signing into their account on Sling.com.

Video-On-Demand content will be coming soon from AMC, IFC and SundanceTV, with an additional 2,000 movie and entertainment titles from EPIX.

Sling TV’s “Best of Live TV” $20 core package delivers ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, IFC, El Rey, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, ABC Family, Disney Channel, CNN and Galavision. This package additionally features access to WatchESPN, including ESPN3 and an array of Video-On-Demand entertainment. Customers can choose to tailor their entertainment experience with optional “Sports Extra,” “Kids Extra,” “News & Info Extra” and now the “Hollywood Extra” add-on packs, each priced at $5 per month. In addition to live channels and VOD entertainment, Sling TV customers have access to content from Maker Studios.

That is cool and surprised they haven't added USA and other channels but hopefully soon... Sling TV adds IFC, Sundance, EPIX to offering
Mar 4 2015, 09:14 ET | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor
http://seekingalpha.com/news/234503...t:ac7705d81b21b560438b8cedd87ca613#email_link
Following an early rollout, and a carriage deal made with AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) and EPIX (VIA, VIAB, LGF), Sling TV (NASDAQ:DISH) has added IFC to its basic package for the same $20/month price, and EPIX and Sundance to its $5 "Hollywood Extra" add-on pack. It had already folded in AMC TV (Mad Men, Better Call Saul).
The service is still live broadcast-based, so as with the existing channels, video on demand content is "coming soon."
Dish Chairman Charlie Ergen says Sling is key to its mobile strategy, "to a more mobile basis, to more wireless basis, because that’s the way the next generation is going to watch television.”
Previously: Dish opens Sling TV signups for all U.S. viewers (Feb. 09 2015) http://seekingalpha.com/news/2283026-dish-opens-sling-tv-signups-for-all-u-s-viewers

It's great that they are adding more, though if they want to stay at a certain price point I would not think they could keep adding

It's great that they are adding more, though if they want to stay at a certain price point I would not think they could keep adding
Not to the base package for sure. I would think that as far as that goes, what we have is more or less what it will be capped at. With add on's being available for other content.

Or perhaps other "base packages".

I think they just keep building these add on packs. It's almost ala carte and you can add the channels you want for $5 here or $5 there.

Its like me, with the base pack and a couple of add ons, I get everything I want for $30 or so a month. I still think at $20/month, they can probably add a little more to the base.

If they added cloud DVR service (with you being able to skip commercials, not just 3 day playback) in the future it could really replace cable.

Reactions: TheKrell
Knowing Dish and their abilities on the tech side, I am excited to see where it goes. Short term, it is perfect for me. Other than HBO and other premiums, I get my programming elsewhere now. This will allow me to save a ton of money every month.

The playstation tv service coming looks nice, but their cloud is limited to 30 days storage.

Dish's Sling TV piles on more shows http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/b...hs-sling-tv-piles-onmore-shows.html?ana=yahoo
Dish Network Corp.'s Sling TV is looking less and less like slim pickings for dedicated cord cutters.The Douglas County-based streaming video company's basic package has expanded to include episodes of AMC's "Walking Dead" and "Better Call Saul," as well as the hipster comedy "Portlandia" from the IFC channel, and "Mad Men" will be joining the selections April 5.Dish (Nasdaq: DISH) made the additions to its $20 per-month core streaming product Wednesday.

The moment they allow two rokus to stream at the same time this'll be a huge temptation for me. Really like where this his heading.....

I have a feeling that when they allow more devices that the price will increase as well.

They should just offer additional streams at $5/each up to a limit per household.
I don't see that happening until they can get a handle on account stacking. The "TV everywhere" nature of the service would make it too easy to share logins with friends/family/neighbors not in the same household or city.

I don't see that happening until they can get a handle on account stacking. The "TV everywhere" nature of the service would make it too easy to share logins with friends/family/neighbors not in the same household or city.

Except that they limit it to one stream per account. If you share your credentials you might not be able to ever watch it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts