Slingbox ceasing production

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wait a minute, I am confused. Please read below:

AirTV L.L.C., a wholly owned subsidiary of DISH DBS Corporation, provides products and services to simplify the modern over-the-air (OTA) entertainment experience. AirTV is home to the AirTV Player, an Android TV-based streaming device that combines leading streaming services like Netflix, Sling TV and YouTube with local OTA channels, and AirTV Pro Install, a professional nationwide installation team that helps consumers connect high-definition TV OTA antennas in the home.

Can anyone explain this to me? Does Dish own Technicolor? I think it has been reported that the hardware was farmed out; perhaps that's the Tecchnicolor connection. I know it is not part of the Dish DBS MVPD service, rather hardware and services for cordcutters, but it seems to be under Dish Corp. as are other things such as SlingTV. Sorry, but I am confused. I know someone can explain the Technicolor connection well enough so that even I can understand. I thank all of you in advance for your polite additional clarification. I'm just trying to understand what's what and who's who and who's behind who and how Technicolor fits it:).

AirTV is a Dish product.
Not sure why Scott says its not.
The Hardware was even manufactured by Echostar.
https://www.cnet.com/products/airtv-player/preview/

https://www.google.com/amp/variety....flix-1201946178/amp/?client=ms-android-att-us

8e82c8fd9145b178df478df4902eda98.jpg

You folks have confused me too. I spoke to the AirTV service rep just last week and she said Dish and AirTV are two separate companies. They seem to have an agreement to relate the AirTV "white box" to the Sling service. I am interested in the AirTV "black box" that just uses your in-home router to send the signals from an antenna that is coaxed to the AirTV black box, then through my router, to a Roku or Firestick at the TV. We pay too much for internet servcie to use Sling or Netflix or any of those services.

My last cable modem was branded Technicolor. I thought that was weird, but then found out is just the old Thompson.

Interesting, my Linksys (formerly Cisco) DPC3008 cable modem is branded Technicolor in its web admin interface. As far as I know Cisco/Linksys are different from RCA/Thomson but it's hard to tell who actually owns what in some industries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)