slingbox latest client - can't control rcvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I am having a heck of a time trying to gey my dish dvr 622 controlled by the slingbox pc client.

I have the 622 using ir remote code 2, sine my bev 9200 rcvr uses ir remote code 1.

First, they have a 622 rcvr listed now, but I assume it is code 1 only.
Any of the others 'echostar/dish rcvr code 1' or 2 or 3 or 4 does not work.

A few others have extra code 2 or 3 or some have 4, like expressview (which uses dish rcvrs).

I have this working before as 'echostar/dish code 3' but it didn't control the dvr functions. So I tried to reconfigure with the newest client just downloaded and nothing works now!

Also, at first, the remote that came up on the screen with the new client, looked like the real remote! Cool! But since my reconfig, it looks like the old client remote on the side again.

Any ideas? How do I get control?

Put the receiver on the sysinfo screen with the front panel button, then push record with the slingbox remote and see what it changes the address to. If you find one that doesn't conflict with your other boxes, you're set! (remember to change the address on your "real" remote to match)

Those other "codesets" might be using a different address than you think, so the receiver doesn't respond to them.

sampatterson said:
I use the new client and I use Code 5 and it works with mine.

what is code 5?

I don't see that anywhere? You set this on the real remote? Or on the slingbox?

Last edited:
Pepper said:
Put the receiver on the sysinfo screen with the front panel button, then push record with the slingbox remote and see what it changes the address to. If you find one that doesn't conflict with your other boxes, you're set! (remember to change the address on your "real" remote to match)

Those other "codesets" might be using a different address than you think, so the receiver doesn't respond to them.

I'll try that when I get home. You'd think they'd set the std new boxes with code 1,2,3 and you just select one of them.

Followup....

With the latest slingbox software, NONE of the codes they have controls a dish DVR with a code other than 1!!

I've tried most of them, they all either:

1) don't do dvr functions
or
2) All do #1 code.

This is from going to sysinfo and hitting the slingbox record. It sets it to 1 EVERYTIME! Even the ones marked code 2 and code 3 in the list. Until the latest software, 'Echostar/Dish Reciever (Code 3)', sent code 2 commands. Not anymore. I have a remote set to code 2, so I set back to 2 after every try, so I know which ones actually send something my dvr can see.

So now where do we go?

There is no way to control a 622 unless it is code 1.

I have a BEV 9200 dvr too. I want one on code 1 and one on code 2, and put slingboxes on BOTH. Can't do it!

They really need to just have 'Dish Remote - code 1,2,3' and forget the damn rcvr models.

Come on guys!

SOMEONE has to be using a slingbox with something other that code 1!!!!!

If you are, please tell me what you are using!!??

:confused:

UPDATE! DVR/Dishpro/code 5 works fine

They really need to just have an IR 5.0 codeset for 1-31. It would work with almost all current rcvrs!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)