SlingBox to work with a Dual DishNetwork receiver !!!!!

--DaMan--

Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
New York
need your help folks,

here's the scenario.... Apartment "A"has a dual dishnetwork receiver.....and apartment "B" can't install a satellite service because it's facing the opposite direction.

Question: Is there a way to connect a SlingBox to the dual receiver in Apartment "A" and connect a SlingCatcher at Apartment "B" and transmit the signal to apartment "B"?

If yes, would each apartment control what they watch separate from each other?

Thank you :)

Can't you just run a cable from the receiver to Apt B? They could watch whatever they want and would be a lot cheaper. If you use the slingbox you will need something to turn side 2 into IR. Side 2 is set up as UHF.

while technically it would work and you could use the new TV2 IR kit, it is considered account stacking since two apartments are considered two different households.

You could run a line directly from the existing dish, and use that for a receiver in the 2nd apartment.

thank you guys for the replies.

running a cable is out of the question since both apartment are about 8 miles away from each other.

as far as "account stacking", i don't mind paying for DishNetwork service at all..matter of fact that's why i had them show up twice at the apartment, yet they said that i am facing the wrong side.

.....as far as "account stacking", i don't mind paying for DishNetwork service at all..matter of fact that's why i had them show up twice at the apartment, yet they said that i am facing the wrong side.

Being willing to pay for service does not justify stealing the service if you can't get it legally, IMO. I'm just sayin'....

That being said, I'm sure you're not the first to have this idea. E* would certainly prefer to have you as a paying customer, but if that is not physically possible, I'm sure the next best thing for them would be for you to buy hardware (Slingbox, Slingcatcher, and IR kit) from them.

Brad

while technically it would work and you could use the new TV2 IR kit, it is considered account stacking since two apartments are considered two different households.

That would NOT be account stacking because any receivers would all be in ONE location.

You're right. It would be considered account sharing, not stacking. Not sure how that could ever be enforced but I'm sure it's against the rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts