slow response when changing stations

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
As the signal received on my roof through the Western arc keeps on dropping, because of neighbors trees, and this was the only spot on the property to receive the Western arc, I decided to try the Eastern arc, as I can find a area on my lot that is fairly clear of trees, First I tried a 1000.4 dish but no mater how I adjusted I could not get more signal then the 20s to 30s ( I think there is some partial blockage from neighbors high pine tree, So I installed two dish 500s with a single LNB each and brought the signal level to the mid 40s to high 50s on 61.5 and 72. After using check dish on my VIP720 receiver, it showed I had good levels on all transponders. However when I change stations, I get a message that there is no signal, then after 5 to 10 seconds the station usually comes on, except some do not. The signal levels are good, my receiver didn't have this problem with the western arc so I don't think it is the receiver. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank You!

As the signal received on my roof through the Western arc keeps on dropping, because of neighbors trees, and this was the only spot on the property to receive the Western arc, I decided to try the Eastern arc, as I can find a area on my lot that is fairly clear of trees, First I tried a 1000.4 dish but no mater how I adjusted I could not get more signal then the 20s to 30s ( I think there is some partial blockage from neighbors high pine tree, So I installed two dish 500s with a single LNB each and brought the signal level to the mid 40s to high 50s on 61.5 and 72. After using check dish on my VIP720 receiver, it showed I had good levels on all transponders. However when I change stations, I get a message that there is no signal, then after 5 to 10 seconds the station usually comes on, except some do not. The signal levels are good, my receiver didn't have this problem with the western arc so I don't think it is the receiver. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank You!
Contact DIRT for some professional assistance. Have you considered alternative providers, as long as it is neighbors tree the situation won't improve short of a major storm clearing the obstructions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)