Small C band dish solutions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlamp1

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
Pittsburgh,PA
What are the current small dish c-band solutions out there?

I have heard good things about "Hot Dish 90"??

I live in a condo and have a small deck view of southern sky? (have done well with KU band fta)

Thanks

I have tried C band on a commercial 1.2M dish and it is fine I suppose if you are extremely limited to one satellite and are willing to settle for a few channels and cannot get a bigger dish, and... Are willing to spend the countless hrs necessary over time to get the few channels you will get. ION channel grouping would be my choice if you do this.

then I tried a 5ft solid metal C Band someone gave me, with actuator and after many tweaking hrs it does work for everything except the new S2 channels. I do get REELZ though which is S2 on 91W and Bloomberg at the other end on 137W and everything in between that is standard.

the 5ft will be replaced with another 7.5ft mesh waiting in the wings when weather permits. I am one who would not recommend the effort unless you are willing to go the mile...

sorry to be so negative, but the effort is not really worth the results to me. Still, lots of us hobbyists do it.

I have a 1.2 m dish with a BSC621 lnbf hooked to a micro hd receiver and I get a ton of c band channels. I highly recommend giving it a try. I get a lot of channels on 55 and 58W. Sometimes the CWs on 72 come in. Altavision on 83W. Reelz and the CWs on 91 always come in. LPTV on 95 come in 90% of the time for me. AMG TV on 97. 99 has the Leesa mux and the Puerto Rico mux plus GDMX syndicated shows and KCWY NBC. Mini bud is worth it just for 99 West alone! I get ME tv on 101, Ions on 103. Some canadian stationsare on 107 and 111. There are a bunch of channels on 121 including a 24 hour fight channel. And finally Trinity Broadcasting on 125. If you do a search of the forums you can come up with results that other people have had.
If you're limited by space I recommend doing it. Of course as they say - bigger is better. You'll be frustrated by feeds you don't get, but I am so glad I did it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts