Small Dish with a BUD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I have been wondering about this: :rolleyes:
Is it possible to mount a FTA dish on the BUD? Like, maybe mounting it on top of the BUD? The FTA dish would also be focused on the satellite the BUD is aimed at.
Let's say I want to get the FTA channels on both KU and C Band. If I want to go to G26 and watch channels on either KU AND C Band, it would be nice... :)
I know... crazy ideal.... :p

maybe this should be merged with my mad scientist thread lol. It MIGHT work, but it would take alot of math to figure the center of the dish and have it line up with the lnb. I dont have a picuture, but once I saw a big fiberglass 10 footer that had a dish network dish bolted dead center of it. So maybe they thought it would pick up more, it would be easier just to add the lnb to the feedhorn. That way you can get a better signal since you have a 10 foot reflector instead of a 30"

counterpoint

Is it possible to mount a FTA dish on the BUD? Like, maybe mounting it on top of the BUD?
The FTA dish would also be focused on the satellite the BUD is aimed at.
Yes, just a mechanical problem for you to solve.

Let's say I want to get the FTA channels on both KU and C Band.
If I want to go to G26 and watch channels on either KU AND C Band, it would be nice... :)
Well, here's my take on it.
Unless you have two receivers , one on C-band and one on Ku, there is no drawback to moving the dish to change bands.
That means if you mounted a Ku LNB beside your C-band LNB, you'd be done.,

Next, if you -did- have two receivers, then I'd think putting a little motor on the Ku dish would let them both move independently.

So, while possible, I think ya can make a good case for not swinging both dishes together.

It crosses my mind that IF I could mount a FTA dish on a BUD, then have the cables (one from the FTA LNB and the other from the C Band LNB) go to the disqect switch then to the FTA receiver. Have the C Band IRD turn the BUD/FTA dish from satellite to satellite.... And still be able to watch the regular C Band stuff from the 4DTV.
Anything is possible, I guess...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)