SNL

I may actually watch tonight's show. To be honest, I've only seen one show in the past 10-years (when Betty Whilte appeared back in May) but I'll check it out.

Showing my age...it was great in 1974 (Senior in college). Not worth watching after 1979. In 1980, SCTV was the king. NBC almost canceled SNL in favor of SCTV. But because it was produced in Canada, there were some contractual problems. SCTV is still one of the greats...Candy, Short, O'Hara, Flaugherty, Levey, Thomas, Moranis, etc. Never laughed as hard with SNL.

"Come on down to Ted and Edna Boils Music Emporium"...that's right Ted!

"The Great White North" (How's it go'in Aye?...Got some back bacon here..pull a Tuborg)

"Dr. Tongue's 3D Movies"

"Monster Horror Chiller Theater"

"The Days of the Week"

And the best of ALL TIME..."Farm Film Celebrity Blow-Up" (She blow'd up good. She blow'd up REAL good)

Last edited:
I liked the original "not ready for primetime players" then a rough patch but then watched Eddie Murphy & Joe Piscapo then the Church lady years, and sampled off & on thru the years... had it on Vh1 today as filler, about 1 bright spot every show today... timer set for tonight though.

OK, the Weekend Update made me laugh but the chuckles were few and far between IMO. Also, if Katy Perry were competing on America's Got Talent Piers Morgan would have buzzed her. I thought she was terrible - both performances.

I liked the original "not ready for primetime players" then a rough patch but then watched Eddie Murphy & Joe Piscapo then the Church lady years, and sampled off & on thru the years... had it on Vh1 today as filler, about 1 bright spot every show today... timer set for tonight though.
Yep, I also liked enjoyed the priods (on and off) when Martin Short (Ed Grimley), Billy Crystal, Dana Carvey (Church Lady/Arnold) and Adam Sandler were cast members.

As much as I loved the original cast, I saw a few of the original episodes on Comedy Central a few years ago and they just didn't seem very funny. I remember spitting soda-pop through my nose when the John Belushi, dressed in a Bee Suit, said he was caught buzzing-off or while yelling "Cheebuger, Cheebuger, no Coke...Pepsi" or Chevy Chase saying, "Jane, you ignorant Slut." However, it barely made me smile 30-years later. However, it brought back some good memories.

When I got my new DVR's I forgot to put this timer back on there. I have missed a few episodes.

In one skit with the Queen of England Elton is reading off of the cue cards and most of the time never takes his eyes off them. Painful to watch. Can't they at least put another set of cue cards in a different location so he can pan over and still read off of them.?

Saturday Night Live needs new writers. This was a really bad show overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)