Snow and AU9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rob7

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Traverse City, MI
We are closing in on the 150" mark for snow this year, and I finally have found the difference between the AT9 and the AU9. The reflector is very sensitive to snow buildup. My AU9 is at the same location as the AT9 (which never had an outage in two years) and this year the AU9 has kept me busy brushing off the snow........makes a person almost ready to join "masterdeals" down in the banana belt :D

Well, to be fair, we have all received more snow this year than years past :)

In 5 years since I've moved by Lansing I've used my snow blower about 1 time per year. This year 5-6 times.

I grew up in Muskegon, and we used it 3-4 times a day during peak snow - much like Traverse City.

You're area is MUCH more beautiful in the summer, I do miss lazy days on the lake.

Back to your question, the surface area is not much different, and the areas that are different should mostly affect 110/119. How is your signal on 101 and 103 compare between the dishes on a quiet sunny day?

Well, to be fair, we have all received more snow this year than years past :)

You take that back!

I think it's snowed maybe 2-3 times in all of 2008 here. I believe I've used my snowblower 4 times this year. 3 times were in 2007. And the only time in 2008 was due to strong winds blowing snow that had been on the ground for some time. We had nearly shoulder high drifts at the end of our driveway, and it didn't even snow. :mad:

We're 17+ inches below normal. So there! ;)

We are PLENTY above normal for snow in my area.

As for the AT-9 / AU-9 , I've noticed that the only time I have a signal loss is when we have the wet heavy snow, as it will built up on the LNB and dish easier due to it being a wet snow.
Any other snow (and we've had plenty) I've not lost signal but once this year and that was last week with the heavy snow we had.
Went out brushed the dish off and never had a problem since.

Jimbo

We're past 7 feet here in SE wisc.

My AT-9 has been great.

One outage and that was during a period of heavy freezing rain early in the season.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)