Snow bird

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrlead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I thought Dish offered something for snowbirds so they could put their account on vacation. I want to sign up for Dish but can not use it in the winter because our condos will not allow.
Can any one help me out with this. I don't want to purchase the equipment.

Their snowbird policy is for use in two homes. They install the system in both houses and you take the receiver back and forth with you. You just call them and they change the locals to your current location. I think you can also just suspend your account every year, but I'm not sure of the details of that.

It is my understanding they will not suspend accounts that are under commitment. If you subscribed without a commitment, you might be able to do what you want. You probably would have to pay the initial install. likely $99. I think you also have to pay some amount during the period the account is on pause.

You can go on dishpause when you are not in a contract.

Leased eq must stay at the physical address listed on the account. You can do a dishmovers and get installed at the new location by taking your receivers with you. once installed, you just take your receivers back and forth and just update your address with dish each time you change locations. snowbird accounts are only allowed two physical receivers.

leased eq must either be on dishpause or subscribed to a service in order to be able to keep them. leased receivers that are deactivated must be returned to dish network within 30 days or an eq fee ranging from $50 to $450 depending on receiver will be charged to the credit card on the account's file.

not being a customer yet means that you will be on a leased receiver promotion that does require a commitment of dishfamily ($19.99 no locals) plus add'l rec fees and dvr fees. There are purchase receiver options which don't have a contract such as Free-For-All or FlexTV. You can get 1 or 2 rooms under those promotions ($149 or $199) and you'll own the receivers. Yes you essentially are purchasing your receivers but you get $5 a month back for up to 30 or 40 months to recoup the cost of that equipment. Now, if you downgrade below dishfamily, you will forfeit remaining credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts