Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Who else got snow this morning?

It snowed about a 1/2 inch accumulation, but it still makes for a pretty setting.

It is COLD here. 23 right now and our low is supposed to be 11 tonight. That's about 25 degrees colder than normal.

pittsburgh, pa 1 inch now and probably getting 2 more overnite.
temp is now 19 and falling to 7 overnite they say wind chill will be about 12 below zero, cant wait to do the three installs tomorrow.

lol
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

heh...wussies :):D

Mpls low this morning...-9
Duluth low this morning..-20

I was at the lake (Aitkin, MN) 7:45 this morning
-22 out

We're supposed to be getting a wintery mix tonight into tomorrow with it turning into snow tomorrow into Thursday.

Going to be bad here. :( Low on Friday is supposed to be 2 above zero. That's cold for this area.

It is snowing up a dickens here. So far I'm guessing 3-4 in has fallen. It's still snowing and is supposed to until tomorrow.

Neutron, you're basically 150 miles due southwest of me. And that fits the orientation and direction of travel of this damn snow cloud...

Right now Dayton is just about as you describe and it will continue and continue. All morning the halls outside my office and all around the building have been echoing my coworkers' feverish discussions about the snow, the roads, the wrecks they witnessed, and their complaints about the road crews. I just keep thinking, you know, the roads were kinda bad this morning, but that's just normal winter driving conditions during a moderately heavy snowfall before the plows have made their rounds. And before the salt has had a chance to take effect. I made it in OK, and so did they...

Well what really worries me is my boss will not let me call in, I've already tried. It's not going to let up here until tonight, and then another massive system is coming in tomorrow to dump more snow on us. It rained last night into early this morning and then dropped below freezing, so there's a good 1 to 2" sheet of ice on the road. They've already shut down part of I-65 north of us near Memphis, IN which is 15 miles north of me. I have to cross a bridge to get to Louisville for work and that's always dangerous. I just got back from dropping off my car at Wal-Mart where my wife works. Mind you this is only up the road from our townhouse and I kept slipping and sliding everytime I barely touched the gas pedal and when I barely hit the brake.

I really hate my boss right now. He's so nonunderstanding. I understand my job is important but to me the employee working it is much more important, especially to his family.

If it keeps getting worse, especially when I go to pick up my car in a couple of hours, I WILL NOT be going into work. If they fire me over this I'll sue. The only other time I've called in when was when we had to go to Texas for a funeral last month. I never call in sick, even when I'm sick. I've only taken 4 vacation days all year.

UPDATE: My boss just called me. He said I could either take a PTO day, or take a day off unpaid. Of course I'll take a PTO day. He said he doesn't want me to get stuck at work tonight (thanks for caring). I told him the only thing I was worried about was my job. He said not to worry about it. Tomorrow may be a different story all together. We shall see what goes on tomorrow. I hope they will let me take tomorrow off too PTO (I have 20 hours right now) if the weather doesn't get any better.

Tee hee - free entertainment

A coworker came by my office and told me about two pickup trucks trying for at least a half hour to make it out of their parking spots at the next building over. That was about 20 minutes ago and I just got back to my office. One truck made it when I got there and the other guy is still working at it. Sure, the idea is mentioned that one of us should go over and give him a hand. But it's cold out there. :dev :D

Edi: my key seems o be messing up all of a sudden. I's acing up and really geing on my nerves. I don' know wha he hell is wrong wih i. How am I going o ype hp://www.saellieguys.us wih no . :(

My dad told me that earlier. He said it was snowing sideways in Dallas. Must be nasty down there. He lives in Plano. He said it would be an interesting trip home from work.

10 degrees and sunny here! 2 and a half feet of snow on the ground already! I am WAY up north in Michigan. Think it's going to be a white xmas.

we have no snow in Minneapolis :(

colder than a b**ch...6 above today, 9 yesterday, 0 tomorrow and 7 on x-mas eve

Come on Iceberg, that dusting of snow yesterday sort of made the ground white. Hell I almost unloaded the sleds when I got home. Christ, that has been the most snow at one time this winter .4 of an inch. :mad: This winter sucks so far!!!!

skidog

At the lakehouse in Aitkin (Lake Mille Lacs) there is probably 4 or 5 inches...damn snowplow tore off our mailbox again :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts