snowy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

moreira85

Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
Ma
nked 24 Times in 24 Posts

dish network connections

I have a dish 622 in the bedroom. I wish i could draw this out for you so its not so confusing but I havent found a site to do it yet. I have the cable wire coming in from the basement and into the bedroom. My plan was to put a splitter on the wire in the bedroom and run one wire to the 622 and the other end off the splitter directly to the TV. The reason I was planning on doing this is because I have the wire in the basement connected to the VIP 722 box which is in my living room that way we can still watch the 722 dvr from the bedroom just by switching the video input on the TV from HDMI1 to TV. The dish tech had it all set and working great but i had to redue things because I was moving components to the closet and hanging the tv. When I run the coax off the splitter to the TV and select TV on the video setting I get a great picture ( this is coming in from the coax from the 722 in the basement). When I connect the second coax from the spitter and run it into the VIP 622 I get no signal (the dish just keeps saying aquiring signal). This led me to believethatI cant use a splitter before I get to the box or before the triplexer splitter on the box. So I removed the splitter and just put a single RG6 connector and presto I get a signal to the 622 with a perfect HDMI picture. So I went back up to the attic, disconnected the RG6 connector and connected the incoming line to the coax going to the TV and the picture is great. Okay so both are working but I cant use a splitter so this makes things difficult. So Now I have to somehow wire the coax from the TV over to box since I cant use the splitter and connect it to the triplexer. On the triplexer splitter at the box theres an input (which the coax coming in from the basement is connected to), a Satellite 1 and Satellite 2 outputs (which goes to the 622 because its a 2 tuner box), and a uhf/vhf ouput. I took a coax and ran it over to the TV from the uhf/vhf output on the triplexer. So I checked the HDMI1 and I get a great picture from the 622. I switch the video input to TV and the picture is very snowy and fuzzy. Thats weird? So I just took out the triplexer for a moment and ran the input coax all the way over to the tv and the picture is great on the TV mode. So the question is why I am geting a snowy picture when I come out of the triplexer UHF UHV?Dipl

reading all that was hard on the eyes,

but yes you need a diplexer to separate out the signals.
there is probably already one in the basement and they need to be used in pairs
it was fuzzy because the triplexer works like a diplexer to combine the signals but doesn't separate them very well

this is assuming you are not using tv2 off the 622 for anything

reading all that was hard on the eyes, but yes you need a diplexer to separate out the signals.there is probably already one in the basement and they need to be used in pairsit was fuzzy because the triplexer works like a diplexer to combine the signals but doesn't separate them very wellV is assuming you are not using tv2 off the 622 for anything
Yes there's one in the basement but I never modified anything in the basement. It was working before with the triplexer in the bedroom I just can't figure out why there's static when I run a coax off the triplexer at uhf. Is it possible for me to use a diplexer before the triplexer in my bedroom that way I can run the coax to the tv offvthe diplexer?

I'm starting to think the cable run which is connected to the 722 in the basement may be to long of a run without a box. When it comes into my bedroom and I hook it up the signal is great. When I extend it to the closet then back to the tv it gets snowy. So the question is what do I use to split the signal from right where the wire enters my room? I eNt to b able to split it so I can run one to the tv and the other to the 622 box in the closet.

Or pay the service fee to jave some one come out and figure it out for you, because this is too hard to understand without seeing your house and cabling lay out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)