SNY in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
Looks like ROUND 2 of the RSN-HD launch has arrived!

The Mets-Marlins game is listed tonight at 7pm on channel 97 in NY DMA (along with Yanks who are on BOTH channel 95 and 96)

Thank you DirecTV - the HD sports LEADER!!!! :hatsoff:

Anyone know if it is possible for a dish to "see" the NY spotbeam in Washington, DC?

Mets-Marlins hmmm...in Miami, right? That means that it would be on the Marlins network, FSN-FL, I believe. I remember on the MLBEI freeview after the All Star break that there was an Astros-Marlins game in HD on ch. 95 that was blacked out for me. I called D* to ask and was told that FSN-FL requested the game to be blacked out outside their market. Be interesting to see if the folks in the NY RSN area have the game(s) in the clear.

Hmmm. There's no way to tell by looking at the transponders that you are getting?

Thanks!

Well there is this site which shows dialy sports broadcast in HD. It doesn't show a SNNY HD broadcast until Firday night.

Can only report what is in the guide. There has been CONFIRMATION from a member in Wash DC area that they ARE getting ComCast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic in HD now - they have the 2 channels (one SD, one HD).

Time will tell - but in the DirecTV program guide it is showing all of the Mets games for the next week or so on channel 97 for NY. Let's see later I guess.

bidger` said:
Mets-Marlins hmmm...in Miami, right? That means that it would be on the Marlins network, FSN-FL, I believe. I remember on the MLBEI freeview after the All Star break that there was an Astros-Marlins game in HD on ch. 95 that was blacked out for me. I called D* to ask and was told that FSN-FL requested the game to be blacked out outside their market. Be interesting to see if the folks in the NY RSN area have the game(s) in the clear.

No - just because the game is from Miami wouldn't mean that its on the Marlins network necessarily.

I've yet to see any mention of SNNY doing away Mets games in HD the way YES does for East Coast away Yankee games.

bidger` said:
I've yet to see any mention of SNNY doing away Mets games in HD the way YES does for East Coast away Yankee games.

C&P from the SNY.TV website:

Q: Why don't some of your cable and satellite providers offer SNY in HD?
A: It is up to each cable and satellite provider to allocate channel space for viewers to see SNY in HD. Currently, not all service providers have allocated this space, but we are encouraging them to do so because SNY has extensive HD programming including all Mets home games and select away games. In addition, SportsNite, a comprehensive re-cap of all New York sports is shot in HD from SNY's state-of-the-art street level studio in the heart of Manhattan every night at 6pm, 10pm and 1am. If your cable operator does not currently offer SNY in HD, we encourage you to call your service provider and request it.
* Click here to find out which cable operators are currently airing SNY in HD.

SNY has yet to do an away game in HD this year. All games have been in SD. So if it is tonight, it will be a first one. Do not be dissapointed if it is not.

Sean Mota said:
SNY has yet to do an away game in HD this year. All games have been in SD. So if it is tonight, it will be a first one. Do not be dissapointed if it is not.

Believe me I won't be disapointed (as I will be watching the Yankee game anyhow) :hatsoff:

But, when there is NO conflict between the games, I do watch BOTH if I can, I like both teams (Yankees first though).

The fact that it's showing up on ch. 97 in your guide lends credence to your belief that it will air in your market, ScoBuck. If it is on FSN-FL only, it wouldn't make sense for it to show up in your guide.

But then I see Sean's comment that SNNY has yet to do an away game in HD so far this Season and I'd have to ask if they didn't do Sundays game in Atlanta in HD, why would they send a truck down to Miami? But, you'll find out tonight.

I saw the item about select away HD games on the SNNY site, but how late in the Season does that start? To me, I like YES' approach where if it's a city in the same timezone, they send a truck. If SNNY waits until September, how many more meaningful games will the Mets be playing?

Actually I reported it in the guide, I don't care all that much either way personally. If its there - its there.

In the Miami DMA (zip 33111) the Mets-Marlins game is listed on Channel 96 - in the NY DMA the game is listed on Channel 97 FYI.

SNY-HD HAS ARRIVED Channel 97 just came on with Mets Pre-game show. It's in HD.

Thanks again DirecTV - the undisputed leader in HD channels that MATTER!

That's great, but will you give it a rest with the directv hd hype? Geesh, they need to be the leader in something when it comes to hd with all the drawbacks. I don't know about anyone else, but I am finding the constant directv sales pitches annoying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)