So, Does Dish Respond Today?

I wasn't counting the premium movie channels. Just as I don't count the 9 Dish HD PPV channels.
PPV i can see not counting, but why not the premium movie channels?
For someone that has the top package they are included just like any other channel would be.

I count 10...Dish doesn't offer CNN HD, Show west, Show too, Smithsonian HD, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids and Family, TBS, TMC HD, Weather Channel HD

Dish offers all the rest.

And for the record, Golf and Versus share a channel, so nobody, including DirecTV, Dish, cable, etc, should be counting it as two separate channels. But that is an argument for another day.

Enjoy your 20 new channels. I am certainly hoping Dish will match the Starz offerings. We only get Starz HD, as you probably know.

Which two did you think we didn't get on Dish in your count of 12? Just curious.

I would be happy if dish added the rest of these channels as i watch a lot of movies and am always looking for the HD movies, to me the 9 PPV channels are a waste seeing as we pay $20 a month for the HD so why should i have to pay $4.99 more just for 1 movie, take away the 9 PPV channels and give us the rest of the HD that is out there.

TBS HD, please... Playoff baseball in HD we want... Nothing more... the other channels are useless HD holders.

Well, Cablevision just announced that TBS HD will be in their package in time for baseball playoffs (Yeah, baseball playoffs in HD ;)); it looks like other providers do not want to upset their customers. It is time for dish to come out with an announcement about TBS HD.

5 baseball games a year? I would say that TBS shows more baseball than anyone but ESPN. They've got 27 games scheduled in just the next few weeks with the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Even the regular season, they show normally 2-4 games per week.

oops. year, week....if E* lost nhlci, i would say maybe E* is not for ME. But I see your point. There is A LOT of baseball on just the regular cable channels.

i'd say overall, if E* loses ANY other major league package though, they can't possibly be considered by any sports fans. Just the fear of not knowing if you're gonna have that available till a few days before the season every year is a deterrent alone. That's probably for another discussion.

But obviously not giving a hoot about NFL or MLB, I've been very happy with my E* HD service for the past 12 months. And if they lose NHL next year, and D* charges $400 for it, they can keep it.

I'm sorry, I don't have much sympathy for people clinging to mpeg2 receivers. I was fine with going thru 3 500 series analog pvr/dvr to a 921 to 2 942's to get to my current configuration of 2 622's. Get rid of those receivers so we can all move on to something better ..... PLEASE!!!! :)

Wouldn't it be nice if even a fraction of subscribers knew what they had? It seems to me that a mass change over will not be initiated by subscribers who don't know even know the model number of their unit, or that there are differences. It will be a company mandated change when it happens.

5 baseball games a year? I would say that TBS shows more baseball than anyone but ESPN. They've got 27 games scheduled in just the next few weeks with the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Even the regular season, they show normally 2-4 games per week.

I want TBS HD for the playoffs but next year, as the new contract with MLB really kicks in, they're only going to have a Sunday afternoon Game of the Week during the regular season. No more Braves on the national feed.

I spend about $200 a month between Dish and cable, not including Internet (have a business class Internet package for $100/mo on top of that $200) and I can honestly say that the only time I have ever ordered a PPV in the 14 years I have been out on my own is the two or three times 6-7 years ago that I got free PPV movie coupons from TW cable before it was Brighthouse. I am just not a PPV person. I will gladly pay for HD and premium channels but I refuse to buy a PPV movie. I have all the premium channels, over 500 DVDs, over 30 HD-DVDs, a Wii, an Xbox 360, 5 TVs, 2 regular X-boxs, DVD burners, MP3 players, cameras, 5 computers, etc... I am a tech and movie freak, but I will not pay for PPV. Give me 9 more HD premium channels and you'll get more money out of me Dish!

I would be happy if dish added the rest of these channels as i watch a lot of movies and am always looking for the HD movies, to me the 9 PPV channels are a waste seeing as we pay $20 a month for the HD so why should i have to pay $4.99 more just for 1 movie, take away the 9 PPV channels and give us the rest of the HD that is out there.

Give me 9 more HD premium channels and you'll get more money out of me Dish!

HEY! Watch that kind of talk where Charlie can read it! What are you trying to do? He probably has all the premiums setup for HD but was waiting for one guy to say he would PAY for them.

Thanks a lot pal!

:D ;) ;)

I count 10...Dish doesn't offer CNN HD, Show west, Show too, Smithsonian HD, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz Kids and Family, TBS, TMC HD, Weather Channel HD
Please don't count "west" feeds. Dish could offer a 3-hour delayed version of any channel by just feeding the channel into a hard drive, and then pulling it out 3 hours later.

Showtime West HD has exactly the same content as Showtime East HD that is on Dish Network right now, so it really isn't a channel that D* has and E* doesn't.

The West channels were a minor help back 10-15 years ago, but nowadays, you can just record the Showtime East HD program on your Dish HD-DVR and watch it 3 hours later. That way you can pause it to go to the bathroom (no commercials on Showtime).

Again, Dish Network has given out cups that say "Dish Network" on one side and "The Weather Channel HD" on the other side, so there is zero chance of that not appearing on Dish Network. Weather Channel won't finish their HD conversion until 2008 anyway.

For those who want Premirum Channels in HD, it seems highly likely that they will add all the HBO-HD when they startup. It also seems probably that a lot of space is being reserved for that...

I'm sorry, I don't have much sympathy for people clinging to mpeg2 receivers. I was fine with going thru 3 500 series analog pvr/dvr to a 921 to 2 942's to get to my current configuration of 2 622's. Get rid of those receivers so we can all move on to something better ..... PLEASE!!!! :)

You also have to remember all the business customers who have tons of 301's sitting on the same channels all day long.. I personally have three buildings that have 16 X 301's modulated and it works fine. Now if they were to offer some free upgrade for those 48 recievers then we can talk. 48 211's gets expensive.

Retaurants, Hotels, Bars, etc. They have no reason to upgrade (Name a restaurant or Bar that spends money) However all the new installs for restaruants that I am doing are getting 211's (At a inflated cost compared to 301) I would still opt for 301's for the price at 16 recievers. Plus the 301's just don't die, out of 48 of them 1 went bad, on the handfull of 211's three have had to be swapped for strange activity.

Not to mention most of the HD offerings aren't available for Businesses, so no reason to upgrade.

Personally? I have two 622's and a 722.. Wouldn't have anything else :) Been with dish since 99, nothing could get me to switch unless the sat fell out fo the sky, then I would probably fire up my OTA.

Thanks for the info on western feeds, although I am fully aware of what they are already. I guess some may not be. But sure I count it. I have three DVRs between cable and Dish but on my office TV I have no Dish DVR, therefor, western feeds are valuable. They also prove valuable in my son's room, where he enjoys shows on Nick and Disney west, again, no DVR in that room. They still serve a purpose, but that isn't the point of this message thread.

It is interesting you think Dish will serve up all 26 multichannel feeds of HBO/Cinemax. I'll bet they don't, but I wish you were right. You see, they don't even offer all the HBO/Cinemax feeds of the SD channels now, so why on earth would you think they will offer all HD? I get all 26 HBO/Cinemax's for $10, including On Demand of each with Bright House cable, and HBO HD included too. Great price. Dish doesn't offer all those channels now and hasn't got the On Demand. I also get Showtime with Brighthouse for the same reason. Starz on the other hand has more channels through Dish, so I subscribe to Starz via Dish. If you are right and Dish carries all 26 HBO/Cinemax's, I would jump ship, even for the low price of $10 a month for both (you read that right, not each, $10 for HBO and Cinemax together) and pay more to get them on Dish.

Please don't count "west" feeds. Dish could offer a 3-hour delayed version of any channel by just feeding the channel into a hard drive, and then pulling it out 3 hours later.

Showtime West HD has exactly the same content as Showtime East HD that is on Dish Network right now, so it really isn't a channel that D* has and E* doesn't.

The West channels were a minor help back 10-15 years ago, but nowadays, you can just record the Showtime East HD program on your Dish HD-DVR and watch it 3 hours later. That way you can pause it to go to the bathroom (no commercials on Showtime).

Again, Dish Network has given out cups that say "Dish Network" on one side and "The Weather Channel HD" on the other side, so there is zero chance of that not appearing on Dish Network. Weather Channel won't finish their HD conversion until 2008 anyway.

For those who want Premirum Channels in HD, it seems highly likely that they will add all the HBO-HD when they startup. It also seems probably that a lot of space is being reserved for that...