So far,not very impressed with HWS/J setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Might be cabling, might be connectors.

Do you know if your locals are on 61.5 AND have line of sight issues to 72? That would be the only reason to have a full WA setup AND 61.5.

I think that is what he ended up doing. He still ended up doing a bootstrap. After that the software seemed to install
very fast. I really don't know if it was a software problem or hardware. I am sure we will get it straightened out.
I installed my first dish over 30 years ago, a 10' c band dish. I was an IT manager for the same 30 years. I know
I could figure it out myself, but I am retired, and too busy working on other peoples equipment. Think twice before
taking early retirement!

Yeah you don't need the 61.5 with the other WA 1k2 dish, certainly if you're locals are coming in on them vs the 61.5 which is unlikely. The Hopper needs either 129 or 72.7 to download software, if the 61.5 was there that could cause an issue.

Now for cables - they have to be 3Ghz from the hopper straight back to the node PERIOD - no low pass (white insert) barrels anywhere in that run which are normally found on wall plates. The cables from the Dish to the node should be 3Ghz but it will work on 2250mhz just fine but again I'd recommend 3Ghz cables here as well just for the heck of it.

BTW, don't expect better coax from an electrical supply house. The stuff I got from them was lower quality than what I bought at Home Depot. Insulation looked like thin spray on too quickly stuff.