So far, so good

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikebb79

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Bay Area, CA
Have had my setup for a couple days now and am enjoying it. Haven't fully utilized everything the HR34 has to offer yet, but I'm sure I will at some point! My setup is Hr34, and two h25's. The only issue I had was when the installer came out, I hadn't had internet yet, so he was unable to connect the hr34 to a network. He said if I called him up he'd be able to once I got the internet hooked up. I got it hooked up today, then called him and he said to call Directv and they would handle it. I then got a little confused by the cost of the Cinema kit and why he hadn't mentioned a charge for it. I guess I just assumed the kit came with the hr34, since the internet connectivity is one of the main features of it. Long story short, I called Directv, told them my confusion and they're sending me the kit at no charge. Pretty awesome! Only downside being, I'm not too confident in a trouble-free install if I'm doing it, but we'll see.

Cinema connection kits are easy to install. Hook it up to the coax, plug in the Ethernet and then hit the WLAN button on it, to detect the wireless Internet.

Cinema connection kits are easy to install. Hook it up to the coax, plug in the Ethernet and then hit the WLAN button on it, to detect the wireless Internet.

Unless of course you have ethernet all over the house and wireless isn't needed for stationary devices.

Of course those with the HR34 would have to confirm this,but I heard(from this board in fact) that you'd only need to hook up the HR34 to the ethernet,then the internet connection would run through the coaxial cable to your H25's. You wouldn't really need a Cinema Connection Kit,wired or wireless. I don't want to give false information,so again,someone with a HR34 would have to confirm this.

Of course those with the HR34 would have to confirm this,but I heard(from this board in fact) that you'd only need to hook up the HR34 to the ethernet,then the internet connection would run through the coaxial cable to your H25's. You wouldn't really need a Cinema Connection Kit,wired or wireless. I don't want to give false information,so again,someone with a HR34 would have to confirm this.

Correct. Installed new service with HR34 and H25 last week and that's how it was done. No problems and everything working as expected.

how can the H25 use the internet when its just a receiver?
I know they hooked up the CCK to my HR34 because the tech thought I was keeping another DVR on the account so then both could get VOD. But since I have just the HR34 now I removed the CCK and plugged the ethernet cable directly in the back

Eagerly waiting on the cinema kit. Think I'm getting it tomorrow. I was told that I would've been able to get the HR34 connected to the internet if the modem was nearby and I just ran an ethernet to it. My issue is that my equipment is upstairs andthe HR34 is downstairs,so I need the kit to access it wirelessly. I did have one question regarding the menu on the HR34. From what it looks like they are still working on the hd menu for it correct? I just want to make sure I don't have to manually run an update or something. It does kind of suck to have the H25's with the nice menu but not one on the HR34. But as long as they're working on it I can wait.

Correct. Installed new service with HR34 and H25 last week and that's how it was done. No problems and everything working as expected.

Interesting! I might have to try this and disconnect mine. I have the CCK right by the HR34 anyways.

I too have the HR34/H25 pairing and have it wirelessly networked to the internet. I have 'downloaded' a few VOD movies and have only partial recordings on 2 of them. The whole movie did not download, missing a couple minutes in each of them. Haven't figured this out yet. Have not been able to get the 'mediashare' feature connected yet. And I have an issue with the HR34 slowing down to a crawl when I connect it to a phoneline. The HR34 can do a lot of things the ordinary satellite receiver can not.

If you do it like that,you should immediately check your HR24 to make sure it is still getting internet connection through the HR34.

I tried it and all my receivers could see the internet. I could ping them fine. But I noticed the HR34s playlist was no longer available over the network. I switched it back.

I tried it and all my receivers could see the internet. I could ping them fine. But I noticed the HR34s playlist was no longer available over the network. I switched it back.

I tried it again this morning and got it working. Powered down the broadband deca and moved the cat5 from it to the HR34. I did the repeat network setup on all the receivers and all is good. Pretty cool feature that it becomes the broadband deca.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)