So how best to order dtv?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, I'm confused. I want to install DTV, and keep using my OTA setup. This isn't an exotic use case. I'd

I have both the coax from the OTA antenna and the coax leads to the TVs in the basement. I want to combine the OTA with the DTV and use the existing coax to the TVs.

I'd understood I needed SWiM to combine OTA. And I'd need to buy a diplexer and AM21 at each TV.
See https://www.weaknees.com/pdf/SWM-with-diplexer.html

But now I don't need SWiM, and in fact can't use OTA if I get SWiM??

it is more of a pain to use swim with OTA it is not impossible just more of a pain.

People have been combining ota with direct and dish for ages. all you need for the easiest set up is a non swim setup and afew cheap diplexers you can do swm wiht diplexers but it is a pain.

I must be dense.

So all I need is

1. Standard issue D dish, coax running to basement.

2. I buy a diplexer; attach the D coax and the coax from the OTA antenna to the diplexer.

3. Output coax from diplexer goes to splitter.

4. Attach coax from TVs to splitter

5. At each TV, buy another diplexer; connect input to coax from splitter.

6. Connect diplexer outputs to the D receiver and an AM 21.

And that's it?

So Directv supplies and installs everything except the diplexer in the basement and a diplexer and an AM21 at each TV? Do I need to order the diplexers and AM21's from third parties, or can I get them from Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)