so how long..

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I posted this in the e* hdtv forum but didnt get that many reponses, so I will ask it to the former voomers. How long until voom has a content provider has as many subs as voom the service provider?? My guess would be 1-2weeks.

I don't understand how 40,000+ people are willing to shell out $100 for a new dish for 10 channels, when they got a free VOOM dish, with less hassle and 39 channels available ??????? The channels selection for DISH is incomparable (for SD) to Dish--all the good stuff in the VOOM package.

How can there be such a wide chasm between HD service in the United States? Where is the competition that drives down prices, increases quality and pride in customer satisfaction, integrity, honesty and truth in advertising?

Yea, that is probably pretty acurate. I'm sure they will be able to pick up many, many more subscriptions much more quickly than when they were a stand-alone satellite service. Let's hope so! Otherwise, the content won't last.

bookwalk said:
I don't understand how 40,000+ people are willing to shell out $100 for a new dish for 10 channels, when they got a free VOOM dish, with less hassle and 39 channels available ??????? The channels selection for DISH is incomparable (for SD) to Dish--all the good stuff in the VOOM package.

How can there be such a wide chasm between HD service in the United States? Where is the competition that drives down prices, increases quality and pride in customer satisfaction, integrity, honesty and truth in advertising?

Yea, personally I'd prefer to be with Voom as a service provider myself, too, but I think a lot of people are afraid to go with a service that isn't extremely stable (even when they is no commitment). That is a good point about people not wanting to get a 61.5 dish, though, I'm sure Dish would add a lot more Voom subs if they were able to have the channels on 110 or 119, or if they provided the 61.5 dish for free. Dish isn't the only one that will be carry the Voom channels, though, I'm sure they will show up elsewhere pretty soon, and one they are on a number of systems, the subscriptions will really grow.

seandudley said:
Yea, that is probably pretty acurate. I'm sure they will be able to pick up many, many more subscriptions much more quickly than when they were a stand-alone satellite service. Let's hope so! Otherwise, the content won't last.

this is what i was thinking, dish network work already had more hd subs then voom ever had, so now that the dish hd subs find out they could get and extra 10 hd channels for 5 bucks more its really a no brainer to go for it. I wonder if/when they will release the number for how many subs subscribe to the voom package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts