So I have to leave dish to come back?

Briguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I inquired with SBC Dish on how to put everything together so that I have all my services under one bill. Right now I have everything seperate. Here is their response:

We appreciate your inquiry. Currently, the agreement between DISH and SBC does not allow for existing DISH customers to joint bill with SBC. The exception is for the DISH account to be canceled for 180 days, then reordered through SBC. We hope this changes in the near future. We do apologize for not being able to assist you with this at this time.

I've gotta leave to come back? Anyone have any ideas how to get past this? I want in on this new reciever they have coming this summer and they are telling me I have to be gone for 6 months to get it. There has to be a better way.

korsjs said:
they do that so when they become their own tv provider, they have you as a customer and not dish.

Yeah, i am waiting for when SBC buys dish. It isn't too far off the horizon. Charlie can't afford to go it alone much longer, he just doesn't have the cash reserves. Besides I think an E*/SBC merger would be great!

Briguy said:
I inquired with SBC Dish on how to put everything together so that I have all my services under one bill. Right now I have everything seperate. Here is their response:

I've gotta leave to come back? Anyone have any ideas how to get past this? I want in on this new reciever they have coming this summer and they are telling me I have to be gone for 6 months to get it. There has to be a better way.

I dont know why that is the case, but sbc has some weird rules. I work for frontier, and we just recently started offering dish with phone service and existing dish customers can be merged into our bill. Its not a dish restriction, but a sbc restriction.

I'll bet it's a Dish restriction with SBC. Don't you think SBC wants as many customers as possible? Dish probably doesn't want everybody switching over to SBC, as SBC considers SBC/Dish customers to be SBC customers, whom they intend to switch to SBC Entertainment broadband TV, once construction is complete. Also, you would see a mass exodus to SBC once the 2Wire Media Portal is released.

The 6 month restriction keeps people tied directly to Dish, with Dish keeping the full revenue for themselves. (Except in areas with good cable systems, like mine, where subs can switch to cable, get a free HD DVR, pay less than Dish, and sign up with SBC for the Media Portal after 6 months.)

CenturyTel called me last night and said that they had good news, that I could now get Dish through them and, and put them both on the same bill...

I told them that I already had Dish, they said, oh sorry... LOL.

ocnier said:
Yeah, i am waiting for when SBC buys dish. It isn't too far off the horizon. Charlie can't afford to go it alone much longer, he just doesn't have the cash reserves. Besides I think an E*/SBC merger would be great!

they don't plan on buying dish. they want to start their own service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)