Status
Please reply by conversation.

frige

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Texas
Hi newbie from TX here.
I was searching google and found this forum. I have been a long time big dish user and finally went mainstream about 3 years ago with att uverse. So I still have my 10 ft unimesh dish and a dsr-922 receiver. I also have my old receiver that was analog. The wife wants this stuff out of here. I have a shop out in the woods with no cable or anything else really. Can yall point me in the right direction on whether there is enough still programing available to be worth setting the dish back up?:D

Hi newbie from TX here.
So I still have my 10 ft unimesh dish and a dsr-922 receiver. The wife wants this stuff out of here. :D

Do not part with that 10' dish (unless you call me to take it off your hands-I'm near Austin) I'm just buying and installing my setup, I have a 6' but trying to get an 8/10/12 footer free or cheap.

I'd get a microHD receiver so you can get HD and put the old analog receiver away maybe.

For programming, see "The List" link at the top of some of these forums

Thanks for the reply,
I called skyvision a while back and it sounded like c-band was dead so I just let it sit. Now I am glad I did.
I got on ebay and found my old dsr-922 is selling for more than I bought it for. Who knew? LOL I always research the heck out of anything before I jump into it, so expect a lot of questions ;)

There is till some subscription programming available for your dsr-922:

http://www.programming-center.net/h2h_410.htm

It is somewhat limited, and standard definition only.

There is a battery in your 922 that keeps the Unit ID# alive, when that battery dies your receiver is only good for a dish mover, you wouldn't be able to receive the subscription programming anymore.

You could use your 922 or your analog receiver for a dish mover and slave a digital receiver to it, still lots of feeds and unscrambled signals to find in the sky.

Check out Lyngsat.com and The List on this forum (tab to link is on top of the page) to get an idea of some of the stuff you could get on C-band.

Thanks for the reply,
I called skyvision a while back and it sounded like c-band was dead so I just let it sit. Now I am glad I did.
I got on ebay and found my old dsr-922 is selling for more than I bought it for. Who knew? LOL I always research the heck out of anything before I jump into it, so expect a lot of questions ;)

If it was me I would sell the dsr-922 TODAY on ebay and use the money on new satellite toys. Trust me on this you will be happy you did. (Unless you want to play around with map master I sold my dsr-922 for $400 last month I smiled all the way to the bank. I still have a DSR-920 and DSR-305US)

Get a STB that does DVB-S2 like the microHD RS-1933 DBS6000HD and a new cheapo LNBF and a vbox your world will open up you will be like WOW!!!

Last edited:
Sounds good. I may go ahead and sell that dsr on ebay after all. I plugged it in earlier and if I get a chance I will hook it back up to make sure the battery didnt go dead on me.

Well good news! My receiver powered right up and I was able to go into the setup menu and read the unit id# so it must still be good. Now what about the lnbs? I have a c band and the ku band can I still use these?

What kind of feed do you have, maybe a CoRotor?

If your lnbs were working when you took them down they should work now.

Kinda like the new over-the-air digital tv signals, you don't need a new "digital" antenna to view them. It's the same for your LNBs, if they are still functional they should work for the old analog, 4DTV and new digital.

There are still a few analog channels on 24/7, you could verify your equipment's functionality with those, but eventually you will want to get a new digital receiver,

10 feet is a good size nowadays. You will be able to get hundreds of free channels once you get a newer receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)