So I'm pluggin back my VOOM STB...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdpdata

Original poster
Jan 9, 2005
...living with just OTA for now.

I've been having lots of problems with my 811 (constantly losing signal, local channels intermittently disappearing, slow interface). Now with the price increase and I'm force to shell out more $$ if I want new HD channels, just drove me mad:mad: Heck, I can't even get the new 622 even if I wanted one. I will be cancelling my Dish service soon.

The VOOM STB is 1000x better than the 811. Nice, smooth, fast interface. The picture looks better too. I think I'll stick with OTA until DTV offer something better than Dish. I heard DTV is doing away with the no phone line charges too...:up

I am very close to doing the same. I have to stick it out with Dish for another few months but am seriously thinking of cancelling for $60 and then going with OTA for now. BTW - I agree that the picture quality is much better with the VOOM STB vs Dish811.

yup...Dish doesn't even come close to PQ of what Voom was...:rolleyes:

With the $60 per month ($700 / year) savings once I cancel Dish, I'm building a nice HTPC :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)