So, I'm trying to find a loophole...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unfortunately their is no way to get around this. Your appartment complex has made a deal with an MDU company that installs DIRECTV. All I can recommend is to file a complaint with DIRECTV about that company and also file a complaint with your landlord / apartment association about the company that has the exclusive to install and repair Directv service in your complex. If their are other tenants that have problems with that company they too need to file a complaint as well.

i would imagine if you called directv to come out, whoever they send will tell you they can't do the install because of the MDU account. however in that situation i guess its almost like saying, if you want to use our pre-ran coaxial cable lines, you have to go through the MDU service.

i dont see why you personally could not get a rail-mounted dish on your balcony assuming the dish has a clear line of sight. since you cant drill through your apt then your lines would have to be ran through the window using flat cable connectors and you would have lines everywhere but it would still work.. as far as your apt management seeing the dish and saying something about it, i dont know.. the problem is actually getting an installer to do it knowing you have an MDU account at the complex. you could take a gamble and call them out to come do the install and just tell the technician that you will throw him a little cash to bend the rules and have him put up the dish, or you could even spray paint that sucker just to try to hide its "directvness" lol..

Is there anything in your rental agreement that you signed? If not then I don't see why you couldn't get whoever you wanted. If it's in your agreement tho you are probably stuck.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Here is the basic problem . IT DOES NOT MATTER if he could put a dish up or not. Directv is not going to violate and break its MDU agreement with the MDU Provider. If he tried to open an account on his own even with pre-existing equipment a pre setup dish the answer will still be NO. The addresses are flagged in the system. Only way to do it is to lie about your address and hope you never need a service call.

stonecold said:
Here is the basic problem . IT DOES NOT MATTER if he could put a dish up or not. Directv is not going to violate and break its MDU agreement with the MDU Provider. If he tried to open an account on his own even with pre-existing equipment a pre setup dish the answer will still be NO. The addresses are flagged in the system. Only way to do it is to lie about your address and hope you never need a service call.

+1 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)