So Is 2 new HD boxes a lost cause?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
I mean i have 2hdtv's now and I want HD on both.

I wouldnt mind keeping the 811.... but to be honest with you, there always seems to be some issue, and frankly it blows.

I call Dish asking if i could get a 211 in a swap and an extra 211 for my other tv and they tell me no can do.

So what are we multiple hdtv owners supposed to do?

I mean, what would you do? Any suggestions?

A good question! Same here! I have one HD TV in bedroom and soon will be purchasing a second for the Den. What If I purchase the third for the living room?

In my local paper Dish Network is advertising 2 free HD receivers (lease) for new customers, so I don't think they have a problem with it per se, it's just that existing customers have to wait in the back of the queue.

thats such hogwash man. im willing to pay, what does this have to do with if im new or not... extra subs?

that isnt attracting extra subs.

i wonder if at&t/sbc finally released their box

That's hard to believe that you have three HD receivers! If a family has one HD, you know that they will purchase more. Dish will not work with me at all for more than one HD receiver.

What stops anyone from buying additional HD receivers. Dish isn't refusing to activate your 2nd or 3rd HD receiver. They just aren't leasing multiples yet.

I've seen 211s selling for $280 on eBay.

Dish just want to be different than Cable.

With Cable you can lease up to 4 HD DVRs but the lease runs $15 a month or $180 a year per receiver.

KDRE said:

I wouldnt mind keeping the 811.... but to be honest with you, there always seems to be some issue, and frankly it blows.

I call Dish asking if i could get a 211 in a swap and an extra 211 for my other tv and they tell me no can do.

I am in the same boat and beyond. I currently have three 311s and an old 301. I have a panny 900 HD projector, a Toshiba 55" rear projection HD, a Toshiba 34" direct view HD and a 20" panny LCD HD tv.

I would love to have all four running HD, BUT how to get without buying four 211s for $1600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id love it if Scott or some of the other guys close to people in control of this situation could chime in with some kind of better insight.

It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Since we are paying for programming by account rather than by number of receivers, the more receivers leased the less profit for Dish. They are willing to pay for part of the cost of one leased HD receiver since they are making enough money off the programming to more than cover that receiver cost. However, with each additional leased receiver they are cutting into their profit margin.

visiter555 said:
I would love to have all four running HD, BUT how to get without buying four 211s for $1600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to lease one for $49 upfront, then buy three more for around $300 each (inc shipping), for a total outlay of approx $950.

If you don't need all of the HD channels on each set, then you could look at picking up a used 811 instead of a 211 for some of the sets. It could be activated for HD if you already are a HD subscriber, otherwise it would be risky. Then you could use the 811 (or 811s) until Dish eases up the 211 restrictions, once supply is greater.

KDRE said:

I have a 211 and a 522 now ,gust ordered a 622 to replace the 522..No problem:up

Dish will "bend" the rules and lease more HD receivers for certain customers. It depends on your billing and programming packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)