So is it HD-lite or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most people probably don't know what HD Lite is, so why would D* advertise that their HD isn't Lite? Just needlessly opens a can of worms IMHO.

I think the other way, If they say DISH is not giving you all the HD that we do from channels to resolution that would be a selling point to those who are on the fence about which satellite to sub to.

I wonder why Direct does not use it in a sales pitch. " Not only 100 channels but full resolution too"
Because it probably isnt. If it is some of those channels have some awfully crappy cameras. ANd some have some very good ones as well.

I think the other way, If they say DISH is not giving you all the HD that we do from channels to resolution that would be a selling point to those who are on the fence about which satellite to sub to.

I asked in thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...d-channels-e-hd-lite-will-you-still-stay.html if new HD channels on E* were HD-Lite if people will stay. Looking at the responses sounds like at least those folks are OK with E* using HD-Lite, they don't have any problems with PQ.

I think the main reasons that D* does not make any anti-HDLite comments are 1. not many customers know or care, and 2. D* reserves the right to drop the bitrate or resolution any time they feel the need...

Not that they will. I hope they won't. But we all know they might.

IMHO, the vast majority of people are clueless about HD (excluding all those who frequent sites like this). Many people don't even know they need to subscribe to some sort of HD service (or get an antenna) to get HD. They think "I have an HDTV, so I'm now watching HD." I think only diehards like us know what the term HD Lite refers to.

(And could you get a new picture of Eddie? I don't think he looks that bad now does he?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)