So Long Speed2.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
One of the reasons I stayed with Dish the past few years was access to Speed2.com. Well a couple days back, without warning, Fox pulled the plug on it. No warning, just gone. I am not going to be surprised when I go to try and watch an FIA GT race that it will be blocked due to my U.S. IP address either, just so Fox can air a one hour recap show at 3am months down the road. This really sucks.

But for me, a hardcore GT/Sports Car fan, one of the main reasons not to switch providers, is now gone.

One of the reasons I stayed with Dish the past few years was access to Speed2.com. Well a couple days back, without warning, Fox pulled the plug on it. No warning, just gone. I am not going to be surprised when I go to try and watch an FIA GT race that it will be blocked due to my U.S. IP address either, just so Fox can air a one hour recap show at 3am months down the road. This really sucks.

But for me, a hardcore GT/Sports Car fan, one of the main reasons not to switch providers, is now gone.

Switching providers won't change the fact that speed2.com is gone for good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course it won't. But when I look at other providers over the past couple years since going out of contract it was one of the pluses for Dish, a major one, I used for retaining them. Now WatchESPN access, Starz On Demand, Showtime Anytime, History Channel On Demand, etc. that other providers have and Dish doesn't makes Dish, even with Dish Anywhere, less attractive to me. The biggest thing holding me with Dish now probably is the continued discounts (1/2 off) they give me on ala cart programming and the several HDDs with DVR's movies.

It looks like last year the races were shown in their entirety on a 2 week delay in the US on the FIA GT youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world/featured

The series is being renamed The Blancpain Sprint Series in 2014. It looks like BeIn (spanish is the only North American broadcaster with Live same day broadcast rights, at the moment.
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bes/fia-gt-becomes-blancpain-sprint-series-2014-schedule-released/

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/pages/tv-guide

Those broadcasts may change since it still shows Speed and Speed 2 for US Highlights. I would imagine something will be announced as the first race in April gets closer. You could always use a VPN to get around the US ip block and watch the live streams on youtube.

i have a feeling the future of Motorsports will be the internet as in it will be televised live on the internet, with the growth of TV via the internet, and WWE launching it's own network as a half iPPV/TV Network and half Netflix type of deal, i can see all the top Motorsports leagues in the world taking a page out of WWE's playbook if WWE network takes off pretty well.

Speed2.com had live races from all over. The FIA GT races on YouTube were blocked to U.S. viewers because Fox had exclusive rights, you had to have Speed2 access to see them. Speed2 had entire seasons of 30 plus series. Speed 2 had content that never was shown on TV. I am fine with that. I don't want Fox blocking all those feeds online though just because they reserved the rights for it years back and might use the content in a future rap up/filler. That will suck.

They don't have access to Fox Sports Go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're right. But Comcast/Time Warner seems to have access to every single one of these providers. They have Comcast here. I should just back the merger, switch and have access to everything. There would be one thing, Epix, but I have NetFlix and Amazon Prime and they get Epix titles so not an issue really.

You could have all that and Comcast's data cap, that would then prevent you from using very much of it. :eek:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Your info is outdated. First off, I have Comcast Business, no cap. I stream 300-400GB/month, no issues. Second, they don't have a hard cap anymore. They dropped it 2 years ago.. I believe now your monthly rate includes 300gb and after that 50GB increments are $10 or $15 each.

Your info is outdated. First off, I have Comcast Business, no cap. I stream 300-400GB/month, no issues. Second, they don't have a hard cap anymore. They dropped it 2 years ago.. I believe now your monthly rate includes 300gb and after that 50GB increments are $10 or $15 each.

Well good for you, not everyone has Business Internet. I do but I don't use it for personal stuff, so I don't really care either way. My info is not outdated, I said they have a cap, I just didn't state it was 300GB with paid overage allowances. Hard cap or Soft cap it is still a cap. However you appear just to want to argue semantics with anyone actually trying to help or make suggestions, so enjoy whatever service you finally decide suits your changing needs.

Well good for you, not everyone has Business Internet. I do but I don't use it for personal stuff, so I don't really care either way. My info is not outdated, I said they have a cap, I just didn't state it was 300GB with paid overage allowances. Hard cap or Soft cap it is still a cap. However you appear just to want to argue semantics with anyone actually trying to help or make suggestions, so enjoy whatever service you finally decide suits your changing needs.

The no cap Business Internet was the same price as the Residential when I got it. I have no business. I have preferred packets through their system, my data has priority over residential at choke points, as well as 24hr/day expedited service.

As for the data cap. To me that means you get x amount and that's it. Cap means, there is no more. Their former policy was 250GB and if you go over it, you get a warning not to do it for 6 months. If you did, they disconnected you for a year and you couldn't sign back up. That is a huge difference to include 300GB at a ridiculously low rate for a very fast speed. Most won't need 300GB and shouldn't have to pay more. Something like only 3-5% will go over it so for over 95% their soft cap isn't an issue. And I wasn't the one coming in with, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Your definition of a cap is not correct. There are a few kinds of caps as some know all too well. First, Comcast most certainly has a cap.
http://gizmodo.com/how-comcast-twc-will-end-your-all-you-can-internet-buff-1523899968

The cap rarely means what you said, that's it and no more. It means you pay when you go over, or your speeds are reduced sometimes drastically.

That guy wasn't correct. Here's the actual policy. http://customer.comcast.com/help-an...-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launching. And anyone can get a No Cap Comcast Business account. Anyone.

This article discussed Comcast Business internet. But he's paying more than me. http://arstechnica.com/information-...y-extra-for-business-class-broadband-at-home/

Isn't your link exactly what we are saying to you? Those are all caps. And isn't it what the link I gave is saying right down to the 300GB limit? (With other capted plans available?)

Not even discussed, so you have a bussiness plan. It is entirely possible it could remain uncapped, with the tiny, little caveat that you can't use Netflix for instance on an uncapped business account. It's simply much more likely than not, with them being so opposed to net neutrality those who depend on the internet for TV service and watch as much TV as many of us do, are going to pay much more than they do now for internet and or face more restrictions.

Last edited:
DirecTV has access to (and Dish doesn't):
History Channel Full Video Access
A&E

Starz Play is part of DISH Anywhere as is Showtime.

DISHAnywhere also has History and A&E however, you can not login to History and A&E on your ROku and watch those channels, DISH is not a provider listed. (and when I checked 3 weeks ago DIRECTV was not one of them either... but it looks like that may have changed I will check my Roku later. :)

Here is a listing of all the networks DISH offers some of them even live. http://www.dishanywhere.com/movies/networks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts