So Long Speed2.com

Isn't your link exactly what we are saying to you? Those are all caps. And isn't it what the link I gave is saying right down to the 300GB limit? (With other capted plans available?)

Not even discussed, so you have a bussiness plan. It is entirely possible it could remain uncapped, with the tiny, little caveat that you can't use Netflix for instance on an uncapped business account. It's simply much more likely than not, with them being so opposed to net neutrality those who depend on the internet for TV service and watch as much TV as many of us do, are going to pay much more than they do now for internet and or face more restrictions.

I use NetFix all the time along with HBO Go, Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, gaming on the PS3 and XBox, Roku, streaming to my Dish receivers, etc. my connection to NetFlix is good enough to stream 3D on my PS3. I even get ESPN3 access with it.

And if you are worried about Net Neutrality have you signed the White House website petition to classify ISPs as common carriers? It's over 100k already but can always use more. I bet that is what happens anyway. The government won't let one segment, especially a utility, prey on another.

Your info is outdated. First off, I have Comcast Business, no cap.
A little off topic, but how much more is Business Internet over Standard Home Internet?

I have been thinking about getting Business Internet at home as I am working on some streaming projects and it would be awesome to do these things from home instead of co locating a server somewhere.

Back on topic, most will not have Business Internet at home, in fact many do not have broadband internet at home. Those who do are lucky, those who don't well not so much. :D

Starz Play is part of DISH Anywhere as is Showtime.

DISHAnywhere also has History and A&E however, you can not login to History and A&E on your ROku and watch those channels, DISH is not a provider listed. (and when I checked 3 weeks ago DIRECTV was not one of them either... but it looks like that may have changed I will check my Roku later. :)

Here is a listing of all the networks DISH offers some of them even live. http://www.dishanywhere.com/movies/networks

Scott, Showtime is not a listed network on the iPad Dish Anywhere App nor is it listed on my receiver under All TV Shows, Browse By Network. The History Channel content is a partial listing of recent shows on the receivers. For instance, the first 2 episodes of Oak Island are no longer available. I haven't checked the website yet, but I thought the app would include all of the website content.

A little off topic, but how much more is Business Internet over Standard Home Internet?

I have been thinking about getting Business Internet at home as I am working on some streaming projects and it would be awesome to do these things from home instead of co locating a server somewhere.

Back on topic, most will not have Business Internet at home, in fact many do not have broadband internet at home. Those who do are lucky, those who don't well not so much. :D

It's $69. And I don't have a business, it's not a requirement. And something like 70+% of US homes have HSI.

I dont subscribe to Showtime or HBO so I don't know whats there or is supposed to be there. :) Just passing along what they show on the screen.

$109 for Cox 10/2 business or they have special going for $69 with 3 yr contract. Where as my personal cox internet for home is $65 a month for 30/5

I get more than what I pay for. At one point I was getting ridiculous speeds when they first connected me, over 50mbps. But now, around 18/5. But I'd consider one of the faster residential with 450 or 600gb caps. Never went over 400gb in a month and their speeds are blazing. Don't know the price, just they keep advertising about doubling speeds for the same price.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/769627716

Here's there business tiers. http://www.comcastbusinessoffers.com/internet?aa[pl]=comcb_google_topterms&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=MSN&cb[device]=c

When I first got it, it included basic cable, like the locals, but I declined since I had Dish, but that's why you see TVs in some small businesses, they get the locals free with Comcast Business Internet. Not sure if they still do it. I do get ESPN3 access, just not the rest of the content on that website. That saves me over $120/year because that is how much ESPN Game Plan is which are all included in ESPN3. Plus on ESPN3 they are in HD most of the time vs the crappiest SD on Dish. Wow, they look bad. I also get free Norton Security Suite for up to 10 computers.

Last edited:
$109 for Cox 10/2 business or they have special going for $69 with 3 yr contract. Where as my personal cox internet for home is $65 a month for 30/5

I currently have Cox and have 150/25 service for $99 a month Dropping down to business would be a big speed drop. :) If they had a 25 / 10 I would do it, but they dont want to give you pricing they want to meet with you first. I don't have time for that. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)