so many satellites....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

panchopantera

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I'm not sure what type of antenna(s) will I need for DTV if I want to recieve the total choice package + locals.. all in standard definition.

For this package, will a standard 18" dish be enough, or will I need the 18x24" aimed at the 101, 110 and 119? what about the 72.5" ?

The dish will be in Texas, but with an LA address (thus I believe LA locals... ) as I just moved from there.. this raises another question. Will I recieve local channels for where the system is located, or will I recieve LA locals? I know this has to do with the spot beams, but I'm not sure what the answer would be. The recieved is a brand new R10

Thanks for your help..

Most likely you won't need the 72.5 sat location for SD locals so check with D* to find that out. Now all the channels in total choice premier are on the main 101 degree or SAT A location which any dish can receive. Also NFL Sunday Ticket SDTV games are on SAT A as well. Now when it comes to HDTV to get all NFL Sunday Ticket HD games and all HDTV channels you need a triple LNB dish that can receive SAT A, B and C which are locations 101, 110 and 119.

Now when HD LIL and new national HD channels start to be offered on spaceway satellites they will have a new 5LNB dish that will carry the three current satellite locations that are KU plus it will have two LNBs for KA satellites at two different locations which I can't quite remember right now.

From what i see zip 76702 is Waco /Temple/Bryan Texas are 72.5 locals ,so if you are in these areas you need the 18 in. dish forreception of the 72.5 locals.
No other Texas areas listed here.

LonghornXP said:
Most likely you won't need the 72.5 sat location for SD locals so check with D* to find that out. Now all the channels in total choice premier are on the main 101 degree or SAT A location which any dish can receive. Also NFL Sunday Ticket SDTV games are on SAT A as well. Now when it comes to HDTV to get all NFL Sunday Ticket HD games and all HDTV channels you need a triple LNB dish that can receive SAT A, B and C which are locations 101, 110 and 119.

Now when HD LIL and new national HD channels start to be offered on spaceway satellites they will have a new 5LNB dish that will carry the three current satellite locations that are KU plus it will have two LNBs for KA satellites at two different locations which I can't quite remember right now.
99 and 102.8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts