GEOSATpro So what am I doing wrong here?

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
First off, the clock and date are set correctly in the MicroHD. Just thought I should mention that first. That aside for a moment then.

Whenever I hit the record button it always defaults to 2 hours. But I want it to record until I hit stop, which might mean 2 hours and some minutes. There are two programs I like to record everyday, 60 minutes each and back to back on the same channel. I therefore start the recording a few minutes early, meaning before the first program begins, only to discover it quits recording before the 2nd program finishes. That's because of the default 2 hour time limit that I have no clue how to change.

So then I set up a timer. First time I had ever used one since I've had this receiver, and meaning I did this just today. So I have the timer setup for today to begin recording at 3:55 PM, with the duration set as 2 hours and 15 minutes, that way it doesn't stop recording before the 2nd program finishes, and that I have it already on the correct sat and channel, in this case H&I ALT. I then save this timer. I'm in another room, and it's now 3:57 PM, so I thought to myself, better go and check the MicroHD to make sure that it's recording. And sure enough it wasn't. The clock in the MicroHD matches the time on the clocks in my home, which means it should have started recording at least two minutes earlier. So why didn't it then? I had to manually hit the record button again, which then was defaulted to 2 hours of recording.

Is it set in military time?? (24 hr mode) I dunno, I don't have that receiver, but my Amiko and S9 use military time.

When in the Timer Setting menu, did you set Timer Service to Record, rather than leave it at Channel? If it's set to Channel the receiver will change to the selected channel, but won't record.

When starting a manual recording, hit the record button twice, it will allow you to enter a record time length.

When in the Timer Setting menu, did you set Timer Service to Record, rather than leave it at Channel? If it's set to Channel the receiver will change to the selected channel, but won't record.

When starting a manual recording, hit the record button twice, it will allow you to enter a record time length.

I read your reply earlier when I was not logged in. Didn't even realize there was another option to choose from. So no I didn't choose record at the time. I left it as channel. Thanks to your post I now fully understand how it works. Also didn't know about hitting record twice and bringing up an option to set duration. But I do now. Thanks.

I do still have the manual somewhere I think, but not sure where, otherwise I would have looked in there first.

The microHD does not come with a manual, you have to go on-line to view or download.

The microHD does not come with a manual, you have to go on-line to view or download.

Might be a good reason why I can't recall where it is..lol. I bought the MicroHD a year or two back or maybe even longer, not sure. For some reason I was thinking a manual was included. But maybe I'm confusing that with the OpenBox S9 I was using around the same time before it stopped working? I'm pretty certain a manual came with that one anyway.

I've been using my MicroHD daily since mid 2012, and except for once in a great while accidentally choosing that "Channel" instead of "Record" it's been nearly flawless the whole time.

I've been using my MicroHD daily since mid 2012, and except for once in a great while accidentally choosing that "Channel" instead of "Record" it's been nearly flawless the whole time.

If I were to take a wild guess here, would the reason be why there is also a channel option, that is because of the following for example? Someone has a motorized dish that the MicroHD can send commands to and move the dish. I have two dishes myself. The BUD, I control that with the 4DTV 922. The other one is a motorized offset dish. I control that one with the MicroHD. Let's say then that on the latter there was something I wanted to watch at 6 pm but not wanting to record. At 6 pm then, it then sends the offset dish to that sat and channel. IOW like a 2nd reminder in case one forgot what they were aiming to watch at 6 pm. Or is that channel feature for something entirely different altogether?

If I were to take a wild guess here, would the reason be why there is also a channel option, that is because of the following for example? Someone has a motorized dish that the MicroHD can send commands to and move the dish. I have two dishes myself. The BUD, I control that with the 4DTV 922. The other one is a motorized offset dish. I control that one with the MicroHD. Let's say then that on the latter there was something I wanted to watch at 6 pm but not wanting to record. At 6 pm then, it then sends the offset dish to that sat and channel. IOW like a 2nd reminder in case one forgot what they were aiming to watch at 6 pm. Or is that channel feature for something entirely different altogether?

That's a good reason. Also, maybe you are watching something live, but you want to make sure it cuts-over automatically to another program when that starts, so you can watch that also.

Ive wanted to watch something but forgot to change the channel. The channel option is a good way to make sure you don't forget to change the channel I suppose.

I was going through a box of things today, and inside I found the box the MicroHD came in. And inside that box, of all things, was the MicroHD Owner's Manual. It is roughly the same size as the MicroHD. So how did I end up with one afterall if there were never any printed and shipped with the MicroHD? It's 56 pages and appears to be professionally printed, IOW not some scans one threw together, or if they did, they sure did it in a professional looking manner. I bought this off Ebay at the time. I seem to recall the MicroHD was brand new and in an unopened box when I got it.

The more I think about this I think the first ones didn't come with one and later they were added. I was one of the first few to get one, so I guess I was ahead of the printing press. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts