So what channel is the OLYMPICS HD going to be on? 9426

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, you'll need NBC to see the olympic ceremony, and since dish wont be doing HD-DNS you're out of luck :(

The only thing dish is providing is Universal HD

Last edited:
BFG I wasnt or at least not trying to say it would be NBC HD I meant that I dont get NBC in HD so I wont get that feed of the Olympics. Thanks for the replys guys.

BFG said:
It's universal HD.

That's the only channel we're getting.

You are 100% correct.

I just made a phone call to my contacts at Dish about this. There was a lot of confusion about this as there was talk of a special HD channel on the Charlie Chat and at CES, when actually the Speical HD channel is Universal HD.

Even my contact up until this morning thought there were going to be two HD channels.

So now it appears we will get LESS HD then we did for the last Olympics from Dish Network (The Last Olympics were available on Dish, DirecTV and VOOM but the HD channel was delayed 24 hours)

Well that is kind of a bummer. Although I will take UHD and just be happy at this point, I sure hate getting all worked up over something that ends up not being true like this, especially when I am telling everyone about it. :(

As I understand (program schedule), UHD will broadcast womens hockey (gosh - I'm gonna stay up late for that!), some bi-athalon, more hockey and more hockey.... not the mainstream stuff. ALL the good stuff will be 'summarized' on OTA- NBC networks in HD - that kind a sucks..... can get that with/without E*. What's the fuss.........

Scott Greczkowski said:
You are 100% correct.

I just made a phone call to my contacts at Dish about this. There was a lot of confusion about this as there was talk of a special HD channel on the Charlie Chat and at CES, when actually the Speical HD channel is Universal HD.

Even my contact up until this morning thought there were going to be two HD channels.

So now it appears we will get LESS HD then we did for the last Olympics from Dish Network (The Last Olympics were available on Dish, DirecTV and VOOM but the HD channel was delayed 24 hours)

Wow, with the lack of Mpeg4 recivers they are not going to give us Mpeg2ers HD NBC? Thats a big disappointment. Maybe in a few days dish will see the error of their ways and fix this.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You are 100% correct.

So why did they remove UHD from the 129 satellite?

Unversal HD will be made available to ALL HD subscribers today in MPEG2.

After the Olympics are done it will return to Psuedo MPEG4 and move back to the 129 satellite.

They should turn on the NY and LA HD NBC in the 6300 channels series for all with waivers and MPEG4 receivers!! No cost to Dish. The channels are there now. And that further encourages upgrades to MPEG4 receivers and packages. (And they even know how to do it, since they were turned on 1 Feb for a few hours!!!)

MacKenzieIII said:
Wow, with the lack of Mpeg4 recivers they are not going to give us Mpeg2ers HD NBC? Thats a big disappointment. Maybe in a few days dish will see the error of their ways and fix this.

If Dish has no qualms about keeping all those new HD channels from existing 942 / 921 users for months, why on earth would they care about giving "Mpeg2ers" (I like that word MackenzieIII:D ) the HD NBC ?

I haven't a doubt they think by giving us UNHD for 10 days, they've more than righted every wrong they've ever committed since the Dishplayer 7200 fiasco.

Hey walt have you heard anything new about HD in our area? I tried writing charter again but no reply back yet. I also called sattelite guy in woodsville and he said where I am at in Groton I might be lucky to get PBS out of littleton. He says theres no way im going to get the channels off mount mansfield when they go live in the summer. So I am really really really bummed right now. I am trying to find a Channel Master 4228 that isnt a arm and leg. warrenelectronics will have em on monday for about 50 bucks shipped for me.

waltinvt said:
If Dish has no qualms about keeping all those new HD channels from existing 942 / 921 users for months, why on earth would they care about giving "Mpeg2ers" (I like that word MackenzieIII:D ) the HD NBC ?

I haven't a doubt they think by giving us UNHD for 10 days, they've more than righted every wrong they've ever committed since the Dishplayer 7200 fiasco.

Well oddly enough I emailed Heather Black at E* (her name and email was on the HD press release)

And she says:

Date: Feb 10, 2006 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: Olympic coverage on NBC HD on Dish

Yes it will be a mirror of the NBC affiliate starting tonight on channel 9427. Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

-Heather

So maybe Scott sources and her should get together and have a talk.

9426 UNIHD is on now. MPEG2. See it on my 811 and 411. It did not show up under subscribed channels, found it using "All Channels". You may have to do a check switch or soft boot and update the channel maps to get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts