SO...What if..

I never knew any of my coworkers to give a hard time about that. It was always “alright, what is the new location, and have you gotten the signal set yet?” There was never a need for more information, but I would chit chat with them. If it sounded like a customer was just “moving”, I wouldn’t inform the customer, but just quietly send in a possible flag for the account.

Considering it is theft... in some cases... yes I did. I was actually a pretty big stickler about the rules.

Moving/account stacking. Also, by moving, it does affect the numbers for the designated area, so that is money out of their pocket, but that wasn’t a Dish issue. I have no problem with moving, but if it sounded like an account stacking I reported it.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm curious what Dish's take is on an RV'er relocating but not changing locals until they leave the current spot beam even though that might be two or three moves away from the current service address. Or in some cases, such as the Jacksonville, FL locals, not changing until reaching a location where the eastern arc can't be received due to obstructions that might be a thousand miles away. Is that a TOS violation of some sort?

I'm curious what Dish's take is on an RV'er relocating but not changing locals until they leave the current spot beam even though that might be two or three moves away from the current service address. Or in some cases, such as the Jacksonville, FL locals, not changing until reaching a location where the eastern arc can't be received due to obstructions that might be a thousand miles away. Is that a TOS violation of some sort?

How would they know (unless your receiver is connected to the internet, and even then, if you're using a hotspot, your IP could be originating from any number of places)

Reactions: NYDutch
How would they know (unless your receiver is connected to the internet, and even then, if you're using a hotspot, your IP could be originating from any number of places)

I agree they wouldn't know. I was just curious whether they care at all, and I think Chad answered that. A couple of weeks ago we were in southern VT with our service address set where get both the Burlington, VT DMA and the Albany, NY DMA locals. Now we're in eastern NY where we would normally only get the Albany DMA locals, but since our service address is still in VT, we're still getting both DMA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)