So what is bad Customer Service?

GaryPen said:
My bit of advice for customers seeking a higher level of service is to always select Tech Support in the phone menu, even if you have a non-technical issue. They are authorized to handle standard customer service issues, and are usually much smarter and more articulate than the standard CSR's. I believe I've only had one dopey TSR. Conversely, I've probably only had one sharp CSR. (Executive CSR's excluded.)

They are no better than a regular CSR unless you ask to speak to an "advanced" tech or ASR. And most of the Executive CSt's are just "friendlier" thent he nonal CSR, but as I have dealt with so many recently they all are clueless!

When dealing with the 921 issues

I found that the "advanced" tech support people provided absolutely no value whatsoever. Nothing. They gave patently false information, and when questioned in detail finally ended up admitting that they had no technical basis for their claims, or any experience that would indicate what they were saying had even the smallest grain of truth to it.

I have never, ever, on any occassion, found a single, solitary Dish Tech Support person who was remotely qualified or competent - regardless of how much I escalated it. Any problems I ever got resolved were the result of my research and trial and error. NONE were the result of competent Dish representatives.

In other words, at least with Cable you could escalate to somebody remotely techical. With Dish, never. The only reason it wasn't a real problem for me previously is because the system used to be reasonably reliable and adequate. With the advent of the 921, the 44 switch, and HD, that ALL changed.

Period.

kluken said:
They are no better than a regular CSR unless you ask to speak to an "advanced" tech or ASR. And most of the Executive CSt's are just "friendlier" thent he nonal CSR, but as I have dealt with so many recently they all are clueless!

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I meant that TSR's were more competent than CSR's for standard customer support issues. I didn't mean to imply that TSR's were technically competent as a whole. (Although, I would imagine that some are.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts