So What Kind Of HD Do You Want?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
I've waited long enough!
Ok, on December 23rd 2004 I created a poll with several answers on it, and one of them was more HD. 150 people voted in the poll and just over 50% (76 people) want more HD. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39884

My question is this, since HD won the chicken race so to speak, what kind of channels does everyone want. There has already been threads trying to come up with a list of specific channels, and I agree that we need a list of specific channels. But since it is hard to know what channels are available and what channels are coming soon, I figure it would be easier to ask what category of HD would you prefer. Perhaps if we are not to specific and we simply say we want more HD movie channels for instance, instead of we want Starz HD, Encore ED, etc. then maybe Dish can see the light and add what we want.

Of course this is satelliteguys.us's members ideas and not the general Dish Network customer base!

Note Option--Other: means anything that I didn't mention in the poll. Please explain what <other> means to you in a post on this thread. This is simply to get an idea of what kind of channels satelliteguys.us members would like to see added to Dish Network so that it adds to the measage to Dish Network.

So far I am happy with the Universal HD channel. They show more repeats than I thought they would. I figured since they were taking programming from Bravo HD+ and bringing their own programming there would be a lot less repeats. They have included some of the Bravo HD+ stuff but so far less than I thought they would. I am happy with the channel though so far because it does have some cool shows on it. I have watched several movies on it and thought it looked good. I think this channel will only get better over time. I am hopeful that you guys with E* will get this channel soon.

For the Poll I picked General Entertainment. I was thinking a channel like HDnet is in that category and I'd like to see something similar to it like InHD as an example.

I see the poll is leaning toward movies. Movies are nice but they'll probably be premium or PPV services and I'd hate to see the bandwidth used for something we can get for ourselves at the video store and with greater variety. HD DVD IMO will quickly become affordable and the duplication of the service seems a waste.

Jstanuthrdishguy said:
I see the poll is leaning toward movies. Movies are nice but they'll probably be premium or PPV services and I'd hate to see the bandwidth used for something we can get for ourselves at the video store and with greater variety. HD DVD IMO will quickly become affordable and the duplication of the service seems a waste.
I understand what you mean, but I would think HD news, shopping, etc. channel(s) would be more of a waste of bandwidth. I don't need the news in HD, I have a hard enough time looking at news cast in SD. :) But I would say channels like USA, TBS, etc. would be nice, though in the end it should be a mixture of different channels. I would say General entertainment channels would probally be the easiest channels to add without to many complaints at first.

I'd be interested in knowing what is the difference between Universal HD and lets say TNT HD. If it is a mixture of Bravo (which I don't watch at all) and what ever they (Universal) puts out, what is on the Universal side? (for those of you that have both TNT-HD and Universal-HD)

jsanders said:
Such a coincidence that this poll gets started when Dish decides to buy Boom!

Good approach tonyp56!
I was going to do this poll anyways, though the news that Echostar bought some of Voom's assets, lets just say reminded me to put this poll up. Maybe, since Dish has this (at least should have in around 1/2-1 year) new found capacity and if they happen to see this thread, perhaps they will get an idea for what to do with it. I don't know if it will do any good, but it's worth a try.

Want movies, sports, and general entertainment. I'll worry about local. i'm not a pig, he's my brother. :D

I'd like Universal too, but I voted "Other," because I don't think General Entertainment is really the right catagory for what I'd really like to see more of, and that's educational/documentary/nature stuff like Discovery carries.

I'd be pretty happy with just Discovery, except I'm not into all the operas and home decorating they seem to always be showing whenever I turn it on. :p

Give me the rest of my networks! NOW!

ABC, NBC, FOX, WB, UPN
(not necessarily in that order).

We went to "iwantmyhdtv" and got-r-done for Charlie and now he's screwing us - AGAIN!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts