So what's on Dish's "Front Burner"?

They have a third satellite built as well. It is built as an on the ground spare that can be sent up if there is a major malfunction with the first two. Good insurance against losing the farm.

only helps if its a booster malfunction, if its a solar panel, or other satellite based failure there will be a long delay while its fixed.......

And further, we will all be offered a "free" swap for a leased bottom end box with 18 month commitment. Take it or lose all programming. Oh, want a DVR? That will be full price please.

I've predicted elsewhere that this will be offered first to AEP and Top 180 subscribers and slowly rolled down to lower tiers over the course of 9 months or so. I am watching for the release of the newer MPEG-4 SD box to be offered to all new subscribers. I would say this will happen 3-6 months before the Top 180 changeover

try that on ME and I am called a evaporating customer. With comcast here and FIOS coming soon E will be unnecessary hassle if they attempt FORCED upgrade at any cost.

I PAID for my boxes and will not moved to lease ever........

Looks like the MPEG4 upgrade is on the front burner as they've put the 6 channels on one transponder....which means that they are planning on adding more HD channels. You didn't think Charlie was just going to let them (D*) get ahead of him without a fight.

yeah well he's following the HD-Lite tradition D* has been the leader in. What an ass.

I don't think that satellite TV will ever be true HD, unless they put up a few more Birds and we go back to moterized dishes, or 3 or 4 dishes in our yard with 2-3 LNBS per dish and a really big switch. Fios and Cable(that is set up right) have way more bandwidth than Satellite will ever have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)