So whos getting an IPHONE?

Paid $500 for my Samsung i500 with a two year agreement several years ago.
Currently on a Treo650 that I think is klunky and functional at best.
Got Sprint month to month now though and ready to run.
Mac user all my life so finally a device that fits our world.
If only graffiti where available it would be narvana.
No time for lines tonight. Most likely getting one on the second wave but I'm also very interested in the openmoko.org open source phone NEO1973 from FIC. If more developes there soon could have second thoughts.

This was funnier than sh*t today at work (I work for AT&T on the cell phone side)

all times Central
5:00 IPOS Phone goes on sale
5:04 we get "urgent update"..click on it to see
5:04:30 Visual Voicemail is down
5:05 Berg laughs histerically :)

This was funnier than sh*t today at work (I work for AT&T on the cell phone side)

all times Central
5:00 IPOS Phone goes on sale
5:04 we get "urgent update"..click on it to see
5:04:30 Visual Voicemail is down
5:05 Berg laughs histerically :)

Iceberg, from what I understand you do not actually put your sim card in the phone. Am i right or wrong. I though I read somewhere this is whty you can not do pay as you go or put in a different sim when traveling abroad. This way you are forced to have AT&T, turn on international roaming and pay those ridiculous charges. Personally you would be better off to keep your old phone unlock it and use it abroad. I travel back home to the UK often and always use the same phone as Vodafone always unlocks my phones for me so that I can use their sim over there. Cingular/AT&T are @##% when it comes to unlocking the phones.

Going back to the Iphone, it was funny seeing people walking out of the store and unable to use the damn phones as they have to go through the activation process through Apple and charge the darn phones. I guess there was no chance to show off at the pubs tonight. He he.

No I will not be getting one. That is a crazy price. The people that were lining up I bet were mostly younger sheep with money. Mostly just for bragging rights.."hey buddy I got an Iphone I am Cool look at me".

I'll stick with my Moto Q, Verizon just fired up EVDO where I live so 95% of the places I travel are EVDO. Plus the fact I can connect it to my laptop when I'm in an area with no WIFI to get on the Internet makes me pretty happy with Verizon.

Iceberg, from what I understand you do not actually put your sim card in the phone. Am i right or wrong.
correct. The sim card is "married" to the phone. You can take it out and put it in another phone and the other phone will work with limited options but you can't take your old sim and put it into the iphone.

I though I read somewhere this is whty you can not do pay as you go or put in a different sim when traveling abroad. This way you are forced to have AT&T, turn on international roaming and pay those ridiculous charges. Personally you would be better off to keep your old phone unlock it and use it abroad. I travel back home to the UK often and always use the same phone as Vodafone always unlocks my phones for me so that I can use their sim over there. Cingular/AT&T are @##% when it comes to unlocking the phones.
From what I understand you cannot unlock the phone. I'm in Biz Receivables so I don't know the 100% ins & outs of the phone but the 2 things above I do remember.

Going back to the Iphone, it was funny seeing people walking out of the store and unable to use the damn phones as they have to go through the activation process through Apple and charge the darn phones. I guess there was no chance to show off at the pubs tonight. He he.

and the battery is only good for 500 charges then you have to have someone else replace it

Iphone, no way...

I would not even use one if it was given to me. The carrier spy's on it's users, reports who knows what kind of data to the NSA, MPAA and RIAA. I value my privacy and believe this is just another way of controlling the populous.

Hmmm, I don't have and don't plan on getting an iPhone, but it's interesting to read peoples' comments on "it's too damn expensive" and "I can't believe people are lining up", etc. This is exactly the same stuff we saw at the XBox 360 and Playstation III launches. How many of the nay-sayers in this thread have one (or both) of those console systems? (the only reason I'd consider a PS3 would be to Fold and to play BluRay movies.)

rglore, you can be the first SatGuy to post using your iPhone! Plus, I'd like to see some real pictures of the screen, etc.

No I will not be getting one. That is a crazy price. The people that were lining up I bet were mostly younger sheep with money. Mostly just for bragging rights.."hey buddy I got an Iphone I am Cool look at me".

I think you meant to say "mostly young people who enjoy having debt". :)

I would not even use one if it was given to me. The carrier spy's on it's users, reports who knows what kind of data to the NSA, MPAA and RIAA. I value my privacy and believe this is just another way of controlling the populous.

Better ditch every phone you have... They are all required by law to allow the government to listen in on everything (with court order of course they say). They simply can duplicate the packets and you have no way of knowing...

OK, here's a post using my new iPhone! its easy to read the forum but I can't figure out how to make a page reload?

Found it, just tap the title bar to jump to the top of the page.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I don't have and don't plan on getting an iPhone, but it's interesting to read peoples' comments on "it's too damn expensive" and "I can't believe people are lining up", etc. This is exactly the same stuff we saw at the XBox 360 and Playstation III launches. How many of the nay-sayers in this thread have one (or both) of those console systems? (the only reason I'd consider a PS3 would be to Fold and to play BluRay movies.)

I don't. I have a PS2, but I bought that quite awhile after it was introduced. Found that I'm not that much into gaming and would probably be better suited for a Wii, but I wouldn't stand in line for that either. Just seems "lemming"-like behavior to me.

I don't. I have a PS2, but I bought that quite awhile after it was introduced. Found that I'm not that much into gaming and would probably be better suited for a Wii, but I wouldn't stand in line for that either. Just seems "lemming"-like behavior to me.
Exactly. We are the consumers, and we have the final word on whether or not a product is "sponge-worthy"; not the TV news programs, not anonymous Bloggers, not certainly not the technomages that produce this stuff.

Drop the price to $150 and add the stuff that I mentioned a few pages ago and I'll consider getting one. Of course, AT&T would need to greatly enhance their coverage here. I get 1-2 bars in my house and maybe three at work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts