So who's jumping ship? and a message to Charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Saying that you can't fix things is wrong because you can! Also does anyone remember enron? Dish is on the same path.
They're cooking the books and treating liabilities as assets to show a stronger financial position?

Unless Dish is lying about their subscriber numbers to boost investor confidence and manipulate the stock price those aren't even remotely related, other than both companies are (were) both publicly traded.

It's quite apparent that people like you just don't get it that taking care of your coustomers will take care of you!!!! Instead all you see is. $$$$$$$$!
All kinds of faulty logic here. First off, the only reason companies exist is to make money. They're not there to be your friend or save the world, that's what non-profit organizations and charities exist to do.

The other problem with this statement is that customers have absolutely no loyalty to a company. Everybody wants maximum{stuff} for minimum{dollars} and they'll go to whatever company is willing to provide that to them.

Companies, being solely interested in making money, will adjust their product or service to maximize profits. If Dish can keep adding subscribers without going through the effort of full time RSNs, they're going to keep doing it. As long as HD subscribers still represent a minority share for the company, there is little incentive for the company to do any more than just enough to keep from bleeding subscribers.

The title has nothing to do with what I want, it's a general question to see if any one is jumping ship.
So you're basically just looking to incite others into taking actions that you yourself are unwilling to make. Got it.

Bob, you are INSANE. Go to a HOME. You must have some family..mother, father that can commit you.

espaeth said:
They're cooking the books and treating liabilities as assets to show a stronger financial position?

Unless Dish is lying about their subscriber numbers to boost investor confidence and manipulate the stock price those aren't even remotely related, other than both companies are (were) both publicly traded.

All kinds of faulty logic here. First off, the only reason companies exist is to make money. They're not there to be your friend or save the world, that's what non-profit organizations and charities exist to do.

The other problem with this statement is that customers have absolutely no loyalty to a company. Everybody wants maximum{stuff} for minimum{dollars} and they'll go to whatever company is willing to provide that to them.

Companies, being solely interested in making money, will adjust their product or service to maximize profits. If Dish can keep adding subscribers without going through the effort of full time RSNs, they're going to keep doing it. As long as HD subscribers still represent a minority share for the company, there is little incentive for the company to do any more than just enough to keep from bleeding subscribers.

So you're basically just looking to incite others into taking actions that you yourself are unwilling to make. Got it.

Are they? Who audits them? Where is the audit at? Companies exist to provide a product and make a profit yes, with dish the product isn't the best. All I'm asking is to improve the product! Also there is a reason why people have no loyalty. It's because the companies don't treat coustomers right! People feel like they have to jump ship in order to get the best bang for their buck as often the companys won't extend their deals to existing coustomers and treat them fairly!

Hd subs are not a minority, If you listen to the confrence calls, the majority of new installs are hd or advanced services. As far as unwilling to take actions, I'm not unwilling, I'm always looking at options. Including at having more than one provider

Bob, you are INSANE. Go to a HOME. You must have some family..mother, father that can commit you.

haha! classic!

Well I think its been about a year since Bob's last "meltdown"....by the way Bob I thought you were "toning it down" as you posted a month or so ago??

Also does anyone remember enron? Dish is on the same path. Your attitude is exactly why companies like bp can destroy our gulf and get away with it. It's s shame.

Do you even know what Enron did? It is statements like this that lead to you losing all credibility. Your thinking that comments made by you on this site are being taken seriously by anyone at Dish are absurd.

Are they? Who audits them? Where is the audit at? Companies exist to provide a product and make a profit yes, with dish the product isn't the best. All I'm asking is to improve the product! Also there is a reason why people have no loyalty. It's because the companies don't treat coustomers right! People feel like they have to jump ship in order to get the best bang for their buck as often the companys won't extend their deals to existing coustomers and treat them fairly!

Hd subs are not a minority, If you listen to the confrence calls, the majority of new installs are hd or advanced services. As far as unwilling to take actions, I'm not unwilling, I'm always looking at options. Including at having more than one provider

Another instance of you showing your ignorance. They are a public company so yes, they are required to be audited. In this case they are audited by KPMG as clearly listed in their Form 10-K. KPMG is one of the "Big 4" public accounting firms and is highly respected (as are the other 3).

FYI Bob, I've made my recommendation to management. But I would hope that you could just CALM DOWN for a few days. Would be a happier scenario. OK??

haha! classic!

Well I think its been about a year since Bob's last "meltdown"....by the way Bob I thought you were "toning it down" as you posted a month or so ago??

Iceberg and others please stop the personal attacks.

Please stop before it gets out of hand. Hint remember the problems this site had two years ago. Scott please get involved before the personal attacks escalate like before .

those aren't

Please stop before it gets out of hand. Hint remember the problems this site had two years ago. Scott please get involved before the personal attacks escalate like before .

Those aren't personal attacks they are what happened.

vaylon said:
Does a carrier have to pay for a HD service, when the HD service is not proportionally HD content. In the case of ABC, Disney and ESPN, much of their content wasn't being transmitted in HD even tho it was available in HD.
HDRoberts said:
I just wish we could, you know, see the contract before we all decide he must have broken it.
All I can give is the public evidence. I've never seen the court documents, but from the information I can find...

The problem is that Dish Network sued Disney in late 2008 over these four channels. Dish Network's 10-Q claims that Disney wasn't providing "certain feeds" of the four channels, yet Dish Network was carrying at least two of the four channels in both SD and HD in May, 2008.

Disney countersued, ended up asking for $65 million in fees owed using the existing affiliation agreement, and the court completely agreed with Disney. That decision was only handed down about two months ago.

So why exactly are these channels now unavailable? Dish Network says because their "HD for Life" program dictates that their costs for the channels be kept low, and Disney is asking too much. Disney has said that Dish Network was not allowed to carry those channels without compensation and they look forward to negotiating with Dish Network.

It simply appears that Dish Network doesn't want to carry these four Disney channels at the rates dictated by the current affiliation agreement. Unlike most carriage issues, note that Dish Network doesn't state they no longer have an agreement to carry the channels. Their entire press release is simply about keeping rates low.

The telling information is the result of the court case. Disney originally asked for $35 million, and the court agreed that they would be owed some of that money. Disney then amended their complaint for an additional $30 million for a continuing time period, and the court found Dish Network owed the entire $65 million. Disney was in no rush to renegotiate, as once the court found Dish Network liable for the entire amount Disney requested, it was up to Dish Network to act. Using the Satchel Paige or the Einstein quote, continuing on the same course as the past two years would have only ended up with the courts awarding more of Dish Network's money to Disney. Simply put, if Dish Network was still carrying those channels, they'd be ordered by the court to pay every time Disney filed for compensation under the existing agreement.

Dish Network had to act to force a change from the existing affiliation agreement. I am not saying a contract was broken; it is quite likely the courts made Dish Network pay Disney SD fees for the HD feeds of the same channels. Therefore, those four HD feeds could simply be turned off in order to save Dish Network from the courts. After all, Dish Network is the party that initiated this lawsuit to force Disney to provide "certain feeds" of channels that Dish Network was already carrying.

my post isn't a personal attack. Its a combination of fact (Bob had a meltdown a year ago almost to the day) and a question. If you remember in the pub area Bob posted a thread called "like clark kent, superman must hide" where he said he was going to tone it down.

my post isn't a personal attack. Its a combination of fact (Bob had a meltdown a year ago almost to the day) and a question. If you remember in the pub area Bob posted a thread called "like clark kent, superman must hide" where he said he was going to tone it down.

:up :up :up

Companies exist to provide a product and make a profit yes, with dish the product isn't the best. All I'm asking is to improve the product!
How many of these threads have you started? Does it look like they're seriously working on improving the service in the areas you've called out?

If you want to make Dish change, get enough people cancel their subscriptions and force Dish to re-tool their packages.

I don't think anything is going to change unless something of that magnitude occurs. Just look at what has happened in the last 2 years - Dish didn't start aggressively adding HD channels until they were bleeding customers to DirecTV at a rate that made investors nervous.

Bottom line: If you feel the product is inferior, stop giving them money for doing a crappy job.

or here for that matter!

Nor have I asked you too.

FYI Bob, I've made my recommendation to management. But I would hope that you could just CALM DOWN for a few days. Would be a happier scenario. OK??

KAB, some of the problem is the personal attacks and the fact that some people on this site cant accept diffrent points of views. They dont see the underlining issues and dont choose too. I did walk away for a few days just to help the situation. When I did come back, a few continue to personally attack me. While I'm more than willing to take the scrutiny, some people around here do have to give the respect that I do have an oppinion, and that it might be differnent. Also people forget that I earned my right to free speech and I belive full hardedly that all people under our constitution should have the right. No matter what their viewpoint is. Its ok to debate, but not divide. Some people here want division and not debate.

Thank you.

Those aren't personal attacks they are what happened.

Its funny how you guys see fit to throw around past anytime it sutes you. Yes I tried to tone it down, but unfortunatly that wasnt in the cards due to the crapoloa thats going on in the industry. Iceberg this is the 3rd time you have used the fact that I had a Meltdown... It seems like your the one who cant get over it.. Also, why is it you like to hide... Have no one know who you are or not meet the members who give you the opportunities you have. Is there something your hideing? Why not greet satelltieguys at CES or any other tradeshow?

How many of these threads have you started? Does it look like they're seriously working on improving the service in the areas you've called out?

If you want to make Dish change, get enough people cancel their subscriptions and force Dish to re-tool their packages.

I don't think anything is going to change unless something of that magnitude occurs. Just look at what has happened in the last 2 years - Dish didn't start aggressively adding HD channels until they were bleeding customers to DirecTV at a rate that made investors nervous.

Bottom line: If you feel the product is inferior, stop giving them money for doing a crappy job.

I try to keep things to one thread. I got the fact that people dont want multiple threads, wich is why others have died down. I have other ways in mind that will definatly get dish's attention. Nothing Illegal..... and Nothing involving the courts.. If they dont want to take me seriously, thats fine... Just remember this, Charlie had his opportinity to hire me.... If he would have hired me, What im about to start, would have never happended.

That's all im saying, untill the FCC paperwork is filed... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts