So you call yourself a hard-core gamer...

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
This may not be up to forum etiquette, but I thought it was really funny.

While I'm on the computer, my 4 yr. old son likes to play video games on our PS3. He is recently potty-trained, and while playing Ratchet and Clank a couple of days ago, he went and got his training potty from the bathroom and placed it in front of the TV so that he could "kill two birds with one stone" if you catch my drift. Yep, that's right - "dropped the boys at the pool" with out missing a kill on the screen. You can't make this kind of stuff up. Laughed my ass off.

So how hard-core are you?

Mods - you may delete this if it's improper. My apologies if it is.

That's awesome.

Most 'hardcore' thing I ever did gaming-wise aside from LAN parties with 24+ hr sessions of gaming was when I got my SNES a friend and I woke up, played Super Mario Brothers, and then went to sleep some 19 hours later. No food, no breaks, just Mario.

I guess the LAN stuff outshines the Mario stuff, but the LAN stuff came so much later, heh.

I recall 18+ hr. stints of Metroid back in the 8-bit days. My how the time went by! I'm sure there had to be potty breaks in there somewhere, but not much else. I eat/drink routinely at my computer - as evidenced by the condition of my keyboard and mouse - but that joystick for the video console was clean as a whistle! (I haven't really done any gaming since...)

The lead-in to Paul's story reminded me of a Golden Girls episode I saw recently, where they were planning to remodel their own bathroom and the guy delivering the new toilet plunked it down in the living room. "Ma" (Estelle Getty) entered and saw the toilet and was estatic at finally experiencing an "old woman's dream" - a toilet installed in front of a TV set...!

(Whoa - just noticed I rang-up post 4000! What a topic for such a milestone...!!!)

I have a number of drunk/high gaming stories, but sadly I don't remember many of them. It's almost an art to get that level of drunkenness where your gaming ability gets enhanced by the booze, and it's more of an art to MAINTAIN that level without sobering up or getting TOO drunk to where your abilities just deteriorate.

Hmmm... the OP's son might be on to something. With the PS3's bluetooth controller and a couple of well placed mirrors, I just might be able to...

Hmmm... the OP's son might be on to something. With the PS3's bluetooth controller and a couple of well placed mirrors, I just might be able to...
Yeah but do you want all the doors to be open during this process? What about the OTHER people in the house?

Reminds me of one time when I was in the Marine Corps.
We had 3-man barracks rooms in New River, Myself and my original roommate both had TV's already and set them up on opposite sides of the main dresser (TV in Stereo Vision ;) ).
After a while, we finally got a 3rd roommate, who happened to have a TV/VCR combo. Having no other place to put it, we put it in the bathroom on the counter opposite the toilet.

Well, one day we had a room inspection, when the Sgt. Major went through the room, he saw the setup in the bathroom and said, "I don't want to know what y'all watch in there". :D

As it was though, the SNES was on one TV in the main room, with the Sega Genesis/CD on the other. We never thought of putting one of them in the bathroom. But in retrospect, it would have saved some valuable playing time. :p

Me and my one friend use to hook up our playstations and two t.v.s up together and duel each other in Doom all night while drinking heavily.

While I'm on the computer, my 4 yr. old son likes to play video games on our PS3. He is recently potty-trained, and while playing Ratchet and Clank a couple of days ago, he went and got his training potty from the bathroom and placed it in front of the TV so that he could "kill two birds with one stone" if you catch my drift. Yep, that's right - "dropped the boys at the pool" with out missing a kill on the screen. You can't make this kind of stuff up. Laughed my ass off.

:clap:clap:clap

I wish I could be four again !!! *L* I haven't laughed like that in a while. He was multi-tasking.

Back in the mid 80's at my frat we had this Commedor 64 and some weird game called Summer Olympic Games, my college buddies and I would compete and in the marathon you had to wiggle the joystick back and forth for like 30 minutes. We literally wore holes in our hands, they would bleed and I think to this day I can still see a mark.

The Apple 2 and Commodore 64 had some great classics that almost cost all of us our degree's, Karateka, Lode Runner, Miner 2049er.... ah memories.

Edit:
Love the internet, I found it, guess I wasn't the only one:
http://www.classic-pc-games.com/c64/games/summer_games_2.html

That's a great way to start the day, time for work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts